Main Menu

Christmas Telly?

Started by Proudhuff, 04 December, 2018, 03:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

I have never seen the Star Wars holiday special, apart from clips. I didnt even know about it back in the day.

(Oh, I never saw the two Ewoks films either, although I do remember reading about the first in a magazine.)

From what I've read, that may be a good thing. But ... I'm still curious.

Frank

JOE SOAP

hippynumber1

Zog is on Christmas Day! 👍

sheridan

Quote from: Mardroid on 11 December, 2018, 06:46:30 PM
I have never seen the Star Wars holiday special, apart from clips. I didnt even know about it back in the day.

(Oh, I never saw the two Ewoks films either, although I do remember reading about the first in a magazine.)

From what I've read, that may be a good thing. But ... I'm still curious.

I wanted to see Caravan of Courage when it came out (though don't think it actually made it to any cinema I could have gone to).  In the decades since I've seen the Holiday Special and both Ewok films.  Possibly worth seeing.  Once.  And never again.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I do believe Return of the Jedi is being shown on Christmas Day
Lock up your spoons!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 12 December, 2018, 08:27:02 AM
I do believe Return of the Jedi is being shown on Christmas Day

YEEESSSSSS!!!   :D

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 December, 2018, 06:42:03 PM
Christmas – a time for quality Star Wars content.

No, what have you done?  I'm melting!  MEEEELLLLTTTIIIINNNGGG!!!
reference to another awesome xmas film of bygone days

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 December, 2018, 06:42:03 PM
Christmas – a time for quality Star Wars content.

I'd quite go for that lineup this year!  Clambake is a great Elvis (secret shame: I love Elvis movies), we could have Christmas Dinner during the Holiday Special (never again), then Just William, out for a stroll during Rod'n'Dusty and back in time for Dick Barton and Cartoons, then boardgames, cans and a snooze until Only When I Laugh, which I loved ("I am H-A-P-P-Y, I am H-A-P-P-Y, I know I am, I'm sure I am, I am H-A-P-P, H-A-P-P...").   

Ah for a whole day to play with my Imperial Troop Transporter behind the couch... "There's one, set for stun!".

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 December, 2018, 12:52:59 PM
I'd quite go for that lineup this year!  Clambake is a great Elvis (secret shame: I love Elvis movies), we could have Christmas Dinner during the Holiday Special (never again),

In the words of Tomas de Torquemada, Grand Master of Termite: "Never forget, never forgive, never for fun"

Proudhuff

You missed out Top of the Poops... with DLT and Mike Reid, neither of whom are dodgy in anyway, no sir, not while the lawyers are reading this.
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

I did, and I meant to include it!  Christmas Day (pre-recorded) TotP was great, especially when fronted by half of D-Wing!

Tiplodocus

That Troop Transporter said "Send for Stan!"
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 December, 2018, 04:23:20 PM

It really did. Amazing piece of kit though - could carry at least 9 figures (depending on how many you jammed in the back, but still rather more than I had at the time...), opening doors, swivelling turret and so many sounds!  Albeit largely unintelligible.  If only it had been in the bloody movie!

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 December, 2018, 05:51:21 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 December, 2018, 04:23:20 PM

It really did. Amazing piece of kit though - could carry at least 9 figures (depending on how many you jammed in the back, but still rather more than I had at the time...), opening doors, swivelling turret and so many sounds!  Albeit largely unintelligible.  If only it had been in the bloody movie!

Didn't immediately know what you were talking about, but I think I recognise it now I've had a look.