Main Menu

We can be heroes…

Started by Molch-R, 25 April, 2012, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I do buy this occasionally when I'm needing something to read, but not as a habit, and it's a pretty good mag. Unlike any other glossy magazine on the shelf I'm likely to read more than 80% of it.

That keyring is spectacularly crappy though!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Link Prime on 28 April, 2012, 12:42:02 AMA truly heroic feat would be for 'Comics Heroes' to survive till the end of 2012.
Well, it's managed over two years so far, and so I don't know why 2012 would be particularly disastrous for the magazine.

Trout

That free gift is utterly laughable. I've never seen a promotional item that's worse than that, and I've worked in newspapers for most of my adult life.

I'm relieved that it justifies my policy of not bothering with Comic Heroes.

Woolly

The 'Official 2000ad writer's starter kit' pissed all over that keyring from a massive height, and that was just a pencil!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Woolly on 29 April, 2012, 05:20:44 PM
The 'Official 2000ad writer's starter kit' pissed all over that keyring from a massive height, and that was just a pencil!
Well, that's because the kit had some wry humour behind it. Again, though, with Comic Heroes, you're paying for the editorial, not the junk that comes with it.