Main Menu

THEY ARE HERE - ON YOUR WALL!

Started by Molch-R, 12 June, 2012, 11:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Through the letterbox? Oooh no, it's far too big for that, it's a 48 x 35cm rectangle and it was handed over in one piece. It's just not strong enough so must have got bent at some point. Not totally, but enough. When I've had artwork posted and flat it's as stiff as a board to stop this.

I've taken a couple of photos, just try and put them up.

COMMANDO FORCES

Let's not just blame the postman. Let us blame the whole Royal Mail  >:D

opaque

You couldn't put it through the system and not end up with many bends I don't think.
Unfolded is good but rolled would be just as good, especially as a lot of people would likely be putting them up/in frames (or flat in their plan chest like me)

opaque

The packaging. It was nicely selotaped all the way round but this is obviously missing :P

You can see the bend on the poster

But it's still looking nice.

COMMANDO FORCES

Those are spiffing!

I reckon a bit of weight on those might get the fold out, eventually! I've been doing that with my large sketch pad after Hi-Ex and I'm slowly getting there.

opaque

They are very nice for sure :)

When in a frame I'm sure you'd not notice it atall.
Just thought people should be aware.
And if there is to be more posters in the future (I'd love the ability to choose old prog covers for example) that maybe tubes would be better :)

Emperor

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 June, 2012, 08:29:23 PM
Those are spiffing!

I reckon a bit of weight on those might get the fold out, eventually! I've been doing that with my large sketch pad after Hi-Ex and I'm slowly getting there.

There are indeed many tricks to getting creases out of posters:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4795287_remove-poster-creases.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_5033693_smooth-wrinkled-poster.html

Your best first best is to try ironing it out, the internet informs me this is a heavy, heated object containing water that can be heated electronically and used to flatten out creases in clothes. Apparently. My brother borrowed mine and returned it 6 months later without me ever spotting it was gone. If in doubt, try and find a normal human for help.

Now if only I can find a way to get the crease out of the middle of a number of thickish trade paperbacks that the postie seems to have bent in half and hammered through the letterbox with a mallet (I even got a hardcover with a suspicious looking dent across it, as though someone had tried to bend it in half and then realised their mistake), other than punching them.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JOE SOAP

A crease is not only for christmas but for life.

Stella Dave

Love the posters but that is some poor packaging for A3 posters! I would rather pay a wee bit more for a poster tube.

Teivion

HI-
Try rolling the posters up against the fold - ie with the picture side facing outwards.....leave it for a day or so it looks like it will come out ;-)

Maybe the card packaging just needs to alternate the direction of the way it folds, so one side folds one way, the other piece/side  folds the other. That would help stop them popping into a fold in the post ?

TordelBack

I think the creases add to the general air of mortality and decay.

opaque

COMMANDO FORCES

JOE SOAP

Emperor

Pye Parr has gone into the background to his design work on these over on his blog:

http://pyeparr.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/they-are-coming-dark-judge-teaser.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+