Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 250: "Our Apocalypse War has been a total success... Mega-City One is ripe for invasion!" 250th zarjaz issue!

Come and visit Reading, it has shopping arcades and historic statues (which may or may not get smashed up in the course of the next four hours).

sheridan

TordelBack

That reader who thought Rogue Trooper was set on a future Earth ruined by war only had to wait about 7 years to become right...

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 April, 2020, 02:44:57 PM
That reader who thought Rogue Trooper was set on a future Earth ruined by war only had to wait about 7 years to become right...

That stumped me for a minute - I thought it was a reference to the first Gulf War, then I realised it wasn't Fr1day yet ;)

Tjm86

I believe this is your coat ...

sheridan

2000AD Prog 252: "No stinking spider gets the better of me!" Simply light years ahead!

When will Dare return?  Asks an earthlet in the Nerve Centre.  Tharg gives an answer...

sheridan

2000AD Prog 253: "Prisoners escaping... Initiate destruction!" Jailbreak at Glasshouse G!
How do you know whether the giant alien spider is male or female?  From the hairdo, of course!

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 255: "By my corpse! Haul me up, Ace – FAST!" The Great Mush Rush continues in... Ace Trucking Co.
The Cabal votes for their enemy, while the Northern Sector Mega-Citizens are hypnotised into thinking their enemies are their friends.

sheridan

TordelBack

Think your sentence structure is being a little hard on Bob Oppenheimer in Sunday's entry, Sheridan!

Meanwhile, great to be reminded again of the Roar ads that festooned every IPC comic of the era. I remember various making-of pieces on kids' TV at the time too, so much hype that I genuineky can't remember if I saw it at the time or just constructed it in my head from ad comics and documentary footage!

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 April, 2020, 06:28:16 AMThink your sentence structure is being a little hard on Bob Oppenheimer in Sunday's entry, Sheridan!

Thanks for calling me out on that - getting my former Nazis-turned US scientists mixed up with my US-scientists all along mixed up!  Oppenheimer supported getting scientists out of Germany before it was fashionable (i.e. before the war)!

QuoteMeanwhile, great to be reminded again of the Roar ads that festooned every IPC comic of the era. I remember various making-of pieces on kids' TV at the time too, so much hype that I genuineky can't remember if I saw it at the time or just constructed it in my head from ad comics and documentary footage!

I can't imagine what actually got through to children's TV - presumably not the over-50% injury rate among cast and crew!

2000AD Prog 257: "Stay where you are, Nemesis or the girl dies!"

One of my earliest back progs!

sheridan

2000AD Prog 258: Aliens+Robots+Future War+Future Sport+Big cash prizes When the going gets tough... The tough get going!

A seven-page Future Shock?  It must be really exceptional to be double the length of the usual, right?  Right?