Main Menu

Anyone else playing MTG?

Started by Smith, 12 July, 2017, 04:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Out of curiosity,anyone playing Magic the Gathering?
I mostly mess around in Forge.Great automated program for the game.
https://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20838

sheridan

Quote from: Smith on 12 July, 2017, 04:06:27 PM
Out of curiosity,anyone playing Magic the Gathering?
I mostly mess around in Forge.Great automated program for the game.
https://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20838

I play the card game, though haven't played any computerised versions of it.  Favourite sets: Homelands, Ravnica (and Return) and the Un- sets.

Smith

If you have time,give Forge a go,its pretty light.
For the real game,for the most part I exclusivly play in Pauper.☺

Smith

JFF,here are the two decks Im playing.
Bogles,because:

Idea being to throw down a cheap hexproof creature and enchant the hell out of it.

And the ever classic goblins,which really doesn't require an explanation.You try to kill people.Fast.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I play the paper version, mostly on a casual basis. I've got all sorts of decks, although only one that's really competitive (Modern mono-green Infect).

Currently I'm tuning a Standard cycling deck and playing happily with a standard RG trample concoction.

Sometimes dip my toe into EDH. Trying to make Mazirek Eldrazi work, and so far failing.

Smith

Funny you should mention Mazirek...
You probably worked this combo out,but here is the axis of what I use for Commander:

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Heh, Crucible of Worlds is a seriously costly card, but if you can afford it that's a great combination.

My idea is that sacrificing Eldrazi Spawn and Scions is a good way to ramp into big creatures plus also get +1 / +1 counters galore. Not quite cracked it yet, though...

Smith

Well really...Forge. :)
In paper I stick to Pauper,like I said.

Smith

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 03 August, 2017, 06:16:06 PM
Heh, Crucible of Worlds is a seriously costly card, but if you can afford it that's a great combination.

My idea is that sacrificing Eldrazi Spawn and Scions is a good way to ramp into big creatures plus also get +1 / +1 counters galore. Not quite cracked it yet, though...
Also,I assume your going with something like Westwale Abbey/Spawning bed/Foundry of consuls land lineup?

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Smith on 04 August, 2017, 05:55:36 AM
Also,I assume your going with something like Westwale Abbey/Spawning bed/Foundry of consuls land lineup?

The Abbey and Spawning Bed, yes, hadn't thought to add the Foundry but I do have a spare one, and now you mention it that makes perfect sense :)

Because I've gone for an Eldrazi sub-theme I'm also using Eye of Ugin, Eldrazi Temple, Sanctum of Ugin and Shrine of the Forsaken Gods in the mana base.

Smith

That seems to be standard for Eldrazi from what I saw.Sea Gate Wreckage is also popular,but that might be too much colorless stuff going on. :-\
A friend of mine runs an reanimator variant of Eldrazi in Pauper and it works fairly well.

Its pretty straightforward,really. :)

Smith

I think I have my new commander. :)

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I've picked up Feline Ferocity myself. Nabbed a Lost Leonin for 10p to put in it. Quite pleased with that.

Smith

Im not sure if I will finish it however,I dont really have anyone to play Commander with.And Mirri is no use to me in pauper,so...Im out of ideas.

Smith

I cant wait to build a dinosaur deck. :)