Main Menu

JULY ART COMP - BLOCK MANIA

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 July, 2015, 12:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic_Freeman

The death of Judge Giant (Snr). It's such a throw-away moment in the story, I thought I'd try and make it a bit more dramatic. Also, I didn't want to have to draw an actual Block War. Too many people!

Colin YNWA

You know what's daft about that piece, is I see this glorious picture that captures a sad, terrible, violent moment, but I get lost in the detail. I love that lawgiver, I love love love those leathers, they look so... so wrinkled. That is just fantastic.

Jacqusie

Quote from: amines2058 on 16 July, 2015, 08:33:39 AM
Lovely work Andy, and I see no difference between that and American Reaper by Clint Langley so I do not think it is cheating!

I get more tingles out of that one Epic Block War Scene that 3874 pages of American Reaper could EVER do! Great stuff Andy, you have made many a Dredd fan happy.

Si

Hoagy

Love the design consciousness associated with BLOCK MANIACS!

Here's one from around tea time. Now I'm starving!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Andy Lambert

Quote from: Nic_Freeman on 17 July, 2015, 11:22:06 AM
Have you picked next month's theme yet, Andy?

I think you're going to walk it with that bad boy.]

LOL, thank you, Nic, but no - I'm not making any assumptions on winning, and if I did I'm screwed with coming up with a theme for next month... it was a stretch to think of the last two..!
I personally think your Judge Giant will do very well...!

Thank you to everyone else who said doing photoshop would be supported - and if CFM says it's okay, then who am I to argue..? :)

allistermac

I decided to depict the death of Judge Giant Snr at the hands of Orlok, or at least a reminder of the moment. I'd love to have had a go at an all out Block War but time was limited this month so I put this together in a few stolen moments.

Leigh S

Not quite as finished as I'd like, or as chaotic! But here is a lesser remembered moment from Block Mania, when Dredd is pursued by Mopads across the chasm that was Rita Hayworth Overzoom.

SpongeJosh

Thats brill Leigh!! I love that scene of the Lawmaster in mid air! Good job! :P

Leigh S

Spotted a slight error, so you can now play spot the difference!  It also sparked the idea of doing a "Where's Wally?", Block Mania style, but I don't think 3 and ahalf hours is long enough to start it....

SpongeJosh

Where's Dredd? I'd buy that  :lol:

Spotted it!!! Yellow Mopad window!

james newell

Orlock, at the Enid Blyton - Dan Tanna Block's flash point, enjoying a Freezy-Whip!

maryanddavid