Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Whatever the old advert said, that's one Penguin I won't be pa-picking up any time soon!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: paddykafka on 16 August, 2019, 10:10:44 AM
Whatever the old advert said, that's one Penguin I won't be pa-picking up any time soon!

If I saw it in a singles bar I'd probably have a shot.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

Well, it's a lovely big penguin... :)

Hawkmumbler

Pingu's been hitting them 'roids.

Tjm86

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 August, 2019, 10:12:47 AM
Quote from: paddykafka on 16 August, 2019, 10:10:44 AM

If I saw it in a singles bar I'd probably have a shot.

If I saw it in a singles bar my wife would have me shot!

Frank

Art Spiegelman withdraws Marvel essay after being asked to remove comparison of Trump to the Red Skull.

Marvel disingenuously claimed it wants to remain apolitical, which, irrespective of which side of the Culture War you consider to be unbiased, seems a bit rich.

While Marvel comics and movies espouse the California version of liberalism, their CEO is an actual member of Trump's administration and a massive donor to his election and reelection campaigns.

So, whether you think Girl Thor is white genocide or you're triggered by Rocket Racoon, just boycott Marvel. You don't have to stop reading the comics or watching the movies - you can get them for free online. Just stop buying them.

paddykafka

Greg M.

Quote from: paddykafka on 17 August, 2019, 12:41:51 PM
I almost felt sorry for this guy, until I read the last sentence. Yuck!

He clearly should have called it the Lawrod.

Frank

We all remember the heady days of July 2019. Couldn't move in here for all the other boarders; 1638, packed in like commuters on a subway car at 08:30.

Almost as many nerds online at the same time as joined during the entire Dredd3D boom of 2011-2012.

Funt Solo

I thought things seemed quieter than ten years ago. I hear whispers of FaceSpace (or was it MyBook) groups, but I never sold my soul to FaceSpace so I can only peer in through the rain-streaked floor to ceiling windows, hammering ineffectually at the sound proof glass as those within enjoy the caviar and vintage wine.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Shouldn't this species of data be presented on The Roger Godpleton Memorial "Thin Ice Awards" Thread?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 August, 2019, 02:38:04 PM
Shouldn't this species of data be presented on The Roger Godpleton Memorial "Thin Ice Awards" Thread?

Everyone's afraid to click on that one lest The Algorithm takes note of their image preferences...

Frank

Quote from: Frank on 18 August, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Activity on the appallingly named Megaverse group shows two-thirds of all traffic is just blokes called Dave looking at a Cliff Robinson Dredd drawing and clicking on one of six predetermined emojis. The other third comment I REMEMBER BRIAN BOLLAND.

Presumably, a similar proportion of Daves look at stuff on this forum without bothering to share their thoughts on Arthur Ransom or Absolam. Turns out the forum really does need a LIKE button: