Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Bought it. Watched it. Loved it!  :thumbsup:
I could listen to Pat Mills all day and not get tired.

However, I agree it could have featured the current crop of writers and artists a bit more.

Any chance of a special edition that features more of the interviews as extras?
Even better, a second disk with the rest of the footage cut into a sister documentary? Like they did with the cut footage from Spinal Tap?

Steve Green

There was something like an 8-hour rough cut.

From what they've said it all depends on money - depends how well this sells I guess.

Spikes

I will be buying this, but haven't got round to it just yet. Next week, or so, should see this mine.

Pretty cheap on Amazon. The scant extras isn't really an issue, but it would have been nice to have had a more fuller package.

W. R. Logan

Had it bought for me for Xmas and just watched it.
As much as I enjoyed some of it I thought there were so many things it missed out on and creators who either didn't appear or who were given very little screen time.
Was more a Pat Mills history of 2000.

Steve Green

I'm pretty sure they said they asked Mick and he didn't want to do it.

I think Steve MacManus was another who opted out, could be there were others.

They also mentioned some where it just didn't work out scheduling wise.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Quote from: dweezil2 on 12 February, 2016, 11:17:51 AM
Congratulations to the team on securing a U.S distribution deal!

Good news for U.S fans also, who have yet to see the rather brilliant film.

More info here:

http://www.screendaily.com/festivals/berlin/gravitas-ventures-takes-comic-book-doc-the-story-of-2000ad-for-us/5100206.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS-HEADLINES&contentID=42422

Yeah really pleased for all involved. Not sure how far it will spread but any extra exposure is richly deserved.

PsychoGoatee

Nice! I look forward to checking this out. I did enjoy reading Thrill-Power Overload.

W. R. Logan

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 14 February, 2016, 01:47:35 AM
Nice! I look forward to checking this out. I did enjoy reading Thrill-Power Overload.

TPO was much better

COMMANDO FORCES

This comes to Channel 4 on the 6th of April.

Dash Decent

I love watching the animated title/chapter bits with Justin Greaves big chugging sound over the top.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ThryllSeekyr

Brought, enjoy the animations (Was I exited to see Slaine slice into that Diluvial!) & now think that it might have needed more of those.

Thought some of the commentary was a bit over top, a bit harsh, but also realise that probably in keeping with the street vibe & the rough history of the magazine. 

amines2058

Why is no-one mentioning that this on Channel 4 on April 6th? Or have I missed another announcement elsewhere?? :-*

Molch-R

It's on Film4 at 11.25pm on 6th April, not Channel Four.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.