Main Menu

Question: RESYK.

Started by Bolt-01, 02 March, 2003, 01:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Rough

Quote:
**those dads who sat thru the whole thing know what i'm talking about**

I'm with you there Bou, it's when they hold it up for you to look at all smiles as if it's something wonderfull, eewww!

The Dawg...

Devons Daddy

my horror discovered that amid the ingredients was spermaceti

its ok Bou. its not whale brain stuff.years ago it was used but not any longer. its banned im most countries these days.
though why you thougth it was whale brain i dont know.its actually a bull bi product. but not brain.
if your still stumped re read it very carefully.
SPERMACTI

you really shoudl be more careful what you are purchasing bou.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Quirkafleeg

hmmm sounds like bollocks to me

Proudhuff

False memory syndrome or did I read that Resyk was how they made Munce?

Bou, Nice one with the tree thing, Wished we'd done that, but after 36 hours labour and some frights we were happy just to have the 1st sprog, second was a bit easier,

Twisted Treehugger
DDT did a job on me

Art

As Harrison himself said they took a pretty serious book on overcrowding and population growth and turned into one about shock-horror cannibalism!!! That?s Hollywood for you?

...and they took that other blokes film about race, inequality and the social order and made it about monkeys...

Queen Firey-Bou

ahem..
pendantic mode alert.....

spermaceti. white waxy substance found in the head of the sperm whale., used for ointments & candles etc. (oxford dictionary)

The Enigmatic Dr X

As an aside, for about 15 years I prounounced "Resyk" as "Resk". Then again, I once thought you pronounced "Gnasher" as "ginasher".
Lock up your spoons!

Oddboy

Mr too Dr X, on both counts.
And I thought Hershey was Hershley
And Nemis, and McNutty and countless other boo-boos that I aught to be ashamed of.

I'd also like to admit to only realising last month that Mark Harrison wasn't Simon Harrison.
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Glad to hear that OB. I feel vindicated. Anyone else want of 'fess up?
Lock up your spoons!

Devons Daddy

is it the Cursed as in i wish a bad thing on you or the curs-ed as used in the dredd movie.this one has been playin in on my mind since 95.
whats our decsion on this then?

lurkers are welcome to voice there opionon.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

chopper666

okay will fess up here. I too had the Gnasher problem and thought that it was Gansher for some reason, but then again I am dyslexic. Though over the years I have heard some real corkers, included someone calling Dredd, D read (close as I can get it down), Hershey as Heresy and Cal as Cale. People say the funniest things dont we :)
-Marc

The Enigmatic Dr X

It's gotta be cursed, as in "I was a bad thing on you". It's a wasteland that had a bad thing happen to it! Jemes Earl Jones' voice over is just melodramtic nonsense.
Lock up your spoons!

mongor2003

Two comedy mis-pronunciations I know of:
A kid at my school who used to call Darth Vader, "Dark Vater".
A guy who used to hang around in my local comic shop who thought Boba Fett was called "Bobby Fart", and no, he wasnt joking - he really was that dim.

Quirkafleeg

I used to think Arkansas was pronounced Ar-Kansas but I was 6... also at the age of 7 or so reading the Star Wars novelisation before seeing the fim I had a very strange idea of how Obi-Wan Kenobi was pronounced.. Ob Wan Ker nob or something similar

And how come the pronunciation of Tatoonie has changed during the films themselves!