Main Menu

No Moore

Started by Quirkafleeg, 26 September, 2002, 05:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

Well not quite, but the bearded wonder has announced he is planning to go into ?semi-retirement?

Link: http://news.wizardworld.com/Comics/CB092502-Alan.asp" target="_blank">Read all about it

paulvonscott

To the tune of Tenacious D's 'Dio has rocked...'

Alan Moore has written for a long long time, now it's time for him to pass the torch...

He has written of heroes and robots
He has soared on the planes of the astral

It's time to pass the torch, you're told old for comics, no more comics for you!

We're taking you to a home,
But we will write a future shock about you...

And we make sure that you're very well taken care of, you'll tell us the secrets that you've learned!

You're sauce will mix with ours and we'll make a good ghoulash baby!

Moo-oore, Time to go-er.

You must give your cape and sceptre to me!
... and a smaller one for Garth E.

almighty mat

Wait a minute...

taking news of something 2000ad related and then writing a song about it-gasp-PVS is Scojo!

These damn secret identities are everywhere!

mat

Trough

You're right - I am also EggOnLegs, Oddboy, DevonsDaddy and Alan Barnes!

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Trough

Yes I am, and I can see what I'm playing with, so put it away.

Trough, AKA Driver 8

paulvonscott

"taking news of something 2000ad related and then writing a song about it-gasp-PVS is Scojo!"

Well, we both write shit scripts.

Hey, it's a special occasion, and Tenacious D are the best band in the world, ever! Although if you don't know the song it's probably only marginally more boring than if you do.

Strangely enough in my dream last night I was interviewing Alan Moore.  I appreciate this only makes me look even moore (ho-ho!) disturbing, but there you go.  It's not something I make a habit off.  I asked him what he wanted to his legacy to be and he just pondered.

That's a shame because otherwise I could have sent it in to Comics International and claimed that I interviewed him in some distant mystical dimension.

Then I'd be King of England and have many fair maids do my bidding, and a castle in the sky flown on the back of a dragon!

Mad? I should scojo.

paulvonscott

Oh gawd, self depreciating comments aside, that was a cheap shot at an easy target, sorry Scojo.

Wood

*think balloon (one for the scriptdroids members there)*

Ha! No one has yet surmised that I am in fact Mark Millar!

O Lucky Stevie!

>Ha! No one has yet surmised that I am in fact Mark Millar!

no, you foul charlatan, i am!

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Slippery PD

**APPOLOGISES**

>Ha! No one has yet surmised that I am in fact Mark Millar!

I am and so is my wife :-)

-yer brian  

Mudcrab

I'll back you up there PVS, superb version of the Dio song there. It is a superb album!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

O Lucky Stevie!

one would be mistaking for believing that he had, considering the irregularity of abc's publishing schedule...

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

petemaskreplica

Has anyone else read "Voice of the Fire"? the first chapter is, by his own admission, virually unreadable, but if you can get past that, it's actually rather good, IMO.

petemaskreplica

sorry, that should read "virtually".