Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Wow, does that mean House of Usher gets a compassionate leave day?

Tweak72

QuoteOne hundred sixty years ago, the beleaguered, impoverished Poe was found, delirious and in distress outside a Baltimore tavern. He was never coherent enough to explain what had befallen him since leaving Richmond, Va., a week earlier. He spent four days in a hospital before he died at age 40.

Is'nt that like the end of some of his stories? Like he saw the face of something people should not see!

oooOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOooSpookie
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

I, Cosh

Stephen Gately from out of Boyzone apparently.
We never really die.

Tweak72

Holy crap Cosh! Its 4 in the morning!
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Eric Plumrose

Confirmed by Auntie.

Boyzgone
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

House of Usher

Oh wow. Thanks for the link to that article, Johnnystress! I'm going to print that off and re-work it for my English GCSE class as a comprehension exercize. It has relevance. They've already had Poe's Philosophy of Furniture as a help or a hindrance for a descriptive writing assignment inspired by ThryllSeekyr's contribution to the 'My Bedroom Art' thread. They're also getting The Premature Burial to go with a passage from Dracula ahead of half-term and Hallowe'en as inspiration for them to write a horror story.

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 October, 2009, 11:52:54 AM
Wow, does that mean House of Usher gets a compassionate leave day?
;D

And that was very sad about Stephen Gately, suddenly, at 33. That's a terrible shame. A bit early to say, but it sounds like recreational drugs/misadventure. But regardless of what he died of, 33 is no age at all, and I've never heard a bad word said about him.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

And hitherto unremarked, Kevin McGee, former civil partner of comedian Matt Lucas:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6862587.ece
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Stephen Gateley was far too young. Even if he had a part to play in Boyzone, he doesn't deserve this. Poor kid.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Paul faplad Finch

There were nowt wrong with Boyzone.  And yes, he was far too bloody young.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

JOE SOAP

Quote from: faplad on 11 October, 2009, 02:35:53 PM
There were nowt wrong with Boyzone.

well now I wouldn't go that far, terrible an' all as the news may be.

COMMANDO FORCES

We can all look forward to a month of Boyzone records flooding the charts ::)

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 October, 2009, 03:16:45 PM

And look forward to it I will.  The decent music to come out of the boyband movement may be scarce but there was some and after Take That I reckon Boyzone were probably the best of the bunch. Just because their fan base was mainly made up of teenage girls doesn't automatically disqualify them as decent artists.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

House of Usher

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 October, 2009, 03:16:45 PM

Guh. Neither and a good nor a bad prospect. I'm just back from B&Q where I heard some nondescript Michael Jackson playing over the P.A. So nondescript I couldn't even tell you which song it was.

Quote from: faplad on 11 October, 2009, 03:40:05 PM
"The decent music to come out of the boyband movement may be scarce but there was some and after Take That"

Hmmm. Crazy for You by Let Loose? But not Say It Once by Ultra, although there was far worse than that.
STRIKE !!!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: faplad on 11 October, 2009, 03:40:05 PM
he decent music to come out of the boyband movement may be scarce but there was some and after Take That I reckon Boyzone were probably the best of the bunch. Just because their fan base was mainly made up of teenage girls doesn't automatically disqualify them as decent artists.

I'm really trying but I can't think of any exceptions. Please let us know of a few tracks from your collection.

Dark Jimbo

Veteran Doctor Who producer Barry Letts (1925 - 2009).
@jamesfeistdraws