Main Menu

Captain britain in MWoM

Started by paulvonscott, 13 April, 2005, 04:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Heh. I was a complete Captain Britain Fanboy. I'm even taking a copy of 'The dAredevils' number 1 to Bristol to get Alan Davis' sig next to Alan Moore's.

Bolt-01

Matt Timson

I've got a full set of 'Daredevils' too.  When Marvel U.S. reprinted the Captain Britain run in the 'X-Men Archives', they missed out the first chapter.  Nothing was said, but I always got the impression that it was because Merlin 'recreated' Cap's soul and stuffed it into the rebuilt body (Captain Britain was dead at the begining of the Moore/Davis run- not that Moore saw this as any kind of stumbling block), while yelling "Let there be life".

A more mundane reason might be that it was due to the lovely grey washes that Davis used for the first episode and that this caused a problem with printing.

1982- feels like yesterday!
Pffft...

Bolt-01

1982, was it really so long ago. Still the finest first episode. Never got the reprint, so I didn't know that JEB. Makes DD #1 even more spesh!

Bolt-01

Marbles

Nope.

'A Rag, A Bone, A Hank of Hair' (reprinted from DD #1) IS in X-Men Archives #2....

http://www.marbles.frothersunite.com/imag/phpBB2/XMAF_Captain_Britain_02-25.jpg">
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Byron Virgo

To my mind, The Daredevilswas quite possibly one of the best of those comic/magazine anthology titles - even better than Warrior. You had Alans Moore and Davis on Captain Britain, Frank Miller Daredevil reprints in b&w, articles by Steve Moore and Alan Moore, Nightraven text stories by Alan Moore with illustrations by Dave Lloyd and Alan Davis, and reprints of Alan Moore's Dr. Who strips. Bloody excellent - I was thinking of taking some of my copies down to Bristol to get Davis to sign them too!

Just bought MWoM from Smiths, so I'll have a look at that a bit later.

Matt Timson

Ahhh... maybe it was the Captain Britain trade?  Hang on- just have a look and see if they changed the wording.  In the original version, Merlin says "let there be life" when he bangs Cappy's soul into hios chest- does he say that in your version (I've no idea where my X-Men Archives are)?  I'm sure there was something different about it when I read the reprint...
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Does your version have this wording, Marb?  I'm *sure* there was something different about it.

Typically, I can find all the issues except the one I need...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/johnnyeyebrows/cap.jpg">
Pffft...

Grant Goggans

It wouldn't be that hard to top Warrior.  Its reputation aside, that comic printed an awful lot of garbage, especially all those one-shots after around issue 12 which wouldn't have passed muster as a mid-90s Future Shock.

--Grant

Marbles

Yep, 'let there be life' is there ok.

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Matt Timson

Pfff!  Don't know then- must've got confused with something else.

Feeling a bit flat now...
Pffft...

Byron Virgo

Yeah, I checked this at lunchtime, and it's definitely the same.