Main Menu

MEG 232: Rock Hard

Started by Bolt-01, 04 May, 2005, 08:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Judge Dredd had some very funny dialogue this time round. "Gie us a haun oot" and all that talk about "diddyheids", etc. Feel sorry for that philanthropist guy. What's the deal with taking out his heart? Am I right in saying PJ's is missing already from some time back? So is he going to get this guy's heart as a transplant? Then what happens to the donor? Heightened anticipation for the next issue, that's for sure.

Anderson Psi was my top story this issue because it's just getting so dark and freaky. Maybe this has gone on a bit long, but in my view it has only just got into high geer. In contrast to all of this epic to date I actually found part 2 of City of Dead quite chilling.

The Bogie Man, Devlin Waugh and Zancudo okay; Haven't read Johnny Woo yet. Not really expecting to enjoy it, sorry. The Bogie Man reads like something written for television, having knockabout comedy, a chase scene, stunts and a climactic scene at a big public event. Oh, and kneecapping.

Of the text features, I've read and enjoyed the Doctor Who one and I'm looking forward to reading the Bryan Talbot and Sexton Blake features. I didn't notice there was no Dreddlines either.
STRIKE !!!

Bolt-01

Usher: There was a Dreddlines. Right at the back.

Bolt-01

House of Usher

Sorry, I must mean Dredd Files.
STRIKE !!!

Will I. Cooling

"yih, Im sorry Darryl but the word "gaylord" applies to you mostly today as I have a rotting wisdom tooth,a regular tooth ,so rotten I cannot bite up on it and a cheek chewing half-tooth which leaves me in constant day to day pain "

Ahem...most unimpressive.

On the Meg...very good Meg save the awful fixture that I can't summon the energy/interest to read properly and the fact I've completely forgotten the first part of Spurrier's strip. Btw, its amazing how good MacNeil's art looks on Devlin now isn't it? It looks exactly the same, but at the moment its working by god!

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.