Main Menu

New Poll: The World Cup: Who's your emergency backup team?

Started by 2000AD Online, 04 July, 2006, 01:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Art

Rooney 'gobsmacked' by red card...

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5141510.stm" target="_blank">"I only stomped him in the nads about four foot aw

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Quirkafleeg

Art

I'll put you down as "France" then...

Quirkafleeg

Floyd-the-k

My country is having one of those mass-amnesia moments described in Orwell's 1984. You know, like when one day they're all at war with country A and always have been and the next day they're at war with country B and always have been? Or (to pick a far-fetched example) when we're invading a country because they've got deadly weapons of mass destruction and not because we want to change the government (which would be a foolish and idealistic reason to invade) and then the next we invaded because we wanted to change the government and we alwayws wanted to invade for that reason.
  Well....with the World Cup we were in it and our team were the salt of the earth and they beat the Japanese because of sheer merit. We were calling the game 'football'. Now we're out of the competition and it's only soccer you know.

Mattriceten

True... but who the hell would want to vote France as their back up team for Christ's sake!

Art

France is trashing Portugal. I never thought I;d say this, but Yay France!

Satanist

I was in London for the England - Portugal game. Myself and one other Scot surrounded by 70,000 people, most watching the game on a huge screen.

Nuff said.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?