Main Menu

New Graphic Novels!

Started by 2000AD Online, 06 November, 2007, 09:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

OUT NOWâ?¦

The Simping Detective
By Simon Spurrier and Frazer Irving

Mega-City One, 2129 AD. Simped-up private eye Jack Point is an undercover â??Wally Squadâ?? Judge â?? â??cos only a clown would want to walk the streets of Angeltown, the scuzziest part of City Bottom. Heâ??s got two friends in this world, oneâ??s long and hard, and makes your ears ring after every shot; the otherâ??s his gun. In fact, Jackâ??s got enemies on both sides of the Law, and heâ??s never far from trouble.

Written by Simon Spurrier (Gutsville) with art by Frazing Irving (Storming Heaven), The Simping Detective is future noir at its best!

Includes introduction from the writer and extensive Frazer Irving sketch gallery

£11.99
160 pages (paperback)

Strontium Dog: Search/Destroy Agency Files 03
By John Wagner, Alan Grant and Carlos Ezquerra

Following the Atom Wars of the 22nd century, many of the survivors were mutated by the Strontium 90 fallout. Unable to get regular jobs, forced into ghettoes and considered an underclass by the â??normsâ??, the only work available to them was bounty hunting. These Search/Destroy Agents â?? or Strontium Dogs â?? hunt the criminals too dangerous for the Galactic Crime Commission. One such Agent is Johnny Alpha and together with his Viking side-kick, Wulf, heâ??s gunning for justice!

The third volume in this action-packed series includes all-time classic stories such as â??Max Bubbaâ?? and â??Rage!â?? along with three bonus-strips and a covers gallery.

£13.99
400 pages (paperback)

COMING EARLY NOVEMBERâ?¦

Durham Red: The Empty Suns
By Dan Abnett and Mark Harrison

When Durham Red released the super-powered mutant known as The Offspring, she foresaw an end to the centuries-spanning mutant/human war. Instead she had unleashed a plague of apocalyptic proportions. Now, with the human race sterile and on the verge of extinction, The Offspring has turned on its own, bringing a programme of devastating genocide to the mutant race.

Durham Red must travel to the very edge of space and time â?? accompanied by a rag-tag crew including her ex-lover Godolkin and her son Johnny â?? to face one final battle that will decide the future of all human and mutant-kind!

Written by best-selling writer Dan Abnett (Sinister Dexter) and with stunning fullypainted art by Mark Harrison (Glimmer Rats) this must-have graphic novel comes complete with a host of extras, including a cover gallery and commentary from the artist.

£12.99
160 pages (paperback)

Bad Company:Kano
By Peter Milligan, Brett Ewins and Jim McCarthy

In 2210, raw recruit Danny Franks joined the rag-tag guerrilla platoon known as Bad Company. They were led by the psychopathic Kano, whose brain had been experimented on by the evil alien Krool. The war ended when Danny became the Krool Heart, the guiding consciousness of the Krool Empire. Now tortured by guilt over what became of Danny, Kano is hoping to find peace at least â?? by destroying the monster he helped create!

Created by Peter Milligan (Human Target, Skreemer), Brett Ewins (Johnny Nemo) and Jim McCarthy (Bix Barton), Bad Company: Kano brings a classic 2000 AD story to a thrilling conclusion.

£11.99
112 pages (paperback)

COMING SOON FROM ABADDON BOOKSâ?¦

Tomes of The Dead: The Devilâ??s Plague
By Mark Beynon

To help him attain victory over the Royalists, Oliver Cromwell has made a pact with the Devil. In return for his soul, he has been given a fearsome demon army â?? a blood-thirsty platoon of ancient evil... the Kryfangan!

With Charles Stuart, the rightful heir to the English throne seemingly killed in battle and his Scottish army slaughtered by the Kryfangan, Cromwell now has control of Parliament. However, by the time the Kryfangan's real identity is revealed to Cromwell, it is too late to stop their relentless killing spree. And when the true nature of the Great Plague is exposed, London soon becomes a city overrun by zombie hordes. The English must put aside their religious, social and political differences as they find themselves caught between two armies of the dead waging war with one another!

Tomes of The Dead is an exciting new collection of novels bringing you the very best in flesh-munchingly, gut-wrenchingly, eye-ball-poppingly good zombie fiction.

£6.99

Link: Tharg's Newsround

ThryllSeekyr

Well, I hope that book is now available.

Grant Goggans

I like that new Durham Red cover!

Mardroid

The Tomes of the dead reminds me of Defoe. Except Defoe is set in a slightly later time period (after Cromwell's death.)

I've read a couple of Abaddon books (namely the ones I got as part of my subscription to 2000AD). I thought they'd be a trashy read but they were surprisingly good. The first (another Tomes of the dead, I forget the name but it involved a ship) was ok, so so. The other (a post apocalyptic job) quite a rivetting read, although disturbingly violent.

Ironically I've forgottent the names of both... but  anyway...

I, Cosh

I see the Yanks have been very nice about The Simping Detective. They don't much care for The Black Dossier though.

Link: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2007/12/03/graphic-novel-reviews-122/" target="_blank">Good News for Spurrier. Bad for Moore.

We never really die.