Main Menu

Harrods Comic Book art show

Started by +rufus+, 04 September, 2008, 04:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

I've lifted this straight from Rich Johnston's Lying in the Gutter..

I've lent some art..

Next Monday sees the opening of the Harrods exhibition of British original comic book artwork curated by yours truly. "Comic Timing" will feature original artwork from "Watchmen," "The Killing Joke," "Gentleman Jim," "Tamara Drewe," "Breakfast After Noon," "Petra Etcetera," "Charleys War," "Commando," "From Hell," "Captain Britain," "All Star Superman," "Jack Staff," "V For Vendetta," "Jackie," "Face Ache," "Nellyphant," "The Filth," "Books Of Magic," "Phonogram" "Tank Girl," "Slaine" and much more, as well as the first "Judge Dredd" page from 2000AD #2 and early "Dennis The Menace" and "Oor Wullie."

It's free, it's open until the end of October, and then it's gone forever. Go along, tell me what you think and please, please, please blog about it.

Entrance via Door 5, Lower Ground Floor. Ask a startled security guard where all the comics people are, he or she will show you.

David Lloyd will also be doing a "V For Vendetta" presentation, and I'm hoping Bryan Talbot will do one of his shows in store as well.

TheEdge

next monday just happebns to be my day off whoop i'll have to pop in.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Large48

Any news on when the presentation(s) are?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

+rufus+

I'm afraid I haven't been informed... :roll:

Marbles

I've just put my name down down for the David Lloyd Seminar (its free)...

David Lloyd seminar
29th September - 18:30 , Georgian Restaurant stage, fourth floor
V for Vendetta illustrator David Lloyd discusses the development of V from the 1980s to the 21st century Hollywood blockbuster, along with his most recent work 'Kickback'. To reserve a place call 020 7173 6473.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Satanist

Ooh I'll be in that there London mid Oct so might just pop along.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Andy_Lee

Keep an eye out here for event news

http://harrodsthatsentertainment.com/programme.php

I'm hoping to get down for the Bryan Talbot gig. I'm going to come down sometime because I've got three pieces in the show.

Dunno when tho. Work seems to be taking up all of my time.

Andy