Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Colin you should draw more!!

Some lovely stuff here - markchilly I think you need an art blog because I think we all want to see MORE (of everything, OK not quite everything... just drawings and stuff, not your poos - I've learned my lesson there), plus any sequential work you might have ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Emperor on 25 March, 2010, 04:13:49 PM
Colin you should draw more!!

Yes. Yes, he should.

QuoteSome lovely stuff here - markchilly I think you need an art blog because I think we all want to see MORE (of everything, OK not quite everything... just drawings and stuff, not your poos - I've learned my lesson there), plus any sequential work you might have

Rumour has it, Mr Chilly may have a fairly substantial volume of stuff to show off at Bristol this year, scribed by another board member whose board name rhymes with PooGreenie.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

markchilly

And lettered by Dim Candle?

my effort at an artblog..ahem

http://markchilly.blogspot.com/

cheers!

Emperor

Thanks for the link, add it to your profile so everyone can see. Don't make me go an fetch his lordship to come and give his Whoring 101 lecture again.

Is it bad that I got Dim Candle right away but had to visit the blog to work out who PooGreenie is (despite it being obvious with hindsight)?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

markchilly

Nice having some time to experiment with my new bamboo, this took about 20 mins..  DREDD 1900...

mygrimmbrother

Great idea, and stylistically right up my (gaslit) alley. Nice one Chilly (and a great Stickleback too BTW)

staticgirl

It is a clever idea - Dredd is sometimes a piss take of American Empire and in this case an element of the British one. Shoes the similarities plus it looks cool!

markchilly

Thanks everyone!!

After working to a script for the last year, it's nice just to doodle.

Last one for the day, off to work now.

Kerrin

Fantastic sketches Mark! Keep 'em coming fella, lovely stuff.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: staticgirl on 25 March, 2010, 07:33:54 PM
It is a clever idea - Dredd is sometimes a piss take of American Empire and in this case an element of the British one. Shoes the similarities plus it looks cool!

You over estimate me alas. I was going for the more direct Uncle Sam - your country needs you image but didn't get the head tilt right and didn't emphasize the tilt forward enough to make that clear... sooo I'm going to go with your idea - I'm bloody smart me!

Ryan Thomason

Mr. Chilly those are all bloody awesome

Thanks very much to everybody who's said nice things about the weird shit I've been posting, sometimes a boy just needs an ego boost  ;)

Right this is the last lino cut for at least a few days I promise, printed about half an hour ago:

mygrimmbrother

M.I.K.

Awww... I want a pet haggis.

Ryan Thomason

Quote from: M.I.K. on 25 March, 2010, 11:30:24 PM
Awww... I want a pet haggis.

Well if you insist, but I'll warn you - haggis are expensive pets, they bite your face off when there's no more of your whisky to be had