Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments  (Read 412811 times)

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
Re: Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments
« Reply #7920 on: 26 October, 2017, 11:48:49 pm »
I found out recently that we'll be doing mandatory overtime starting next week.

On one hand, I'm happy as we get the time and a half pay, and I don't mind the extra day. I'm not keen on the fact they're adding an extra hour to each shift as well though (so 5 11 hours shifts rather than the usual 4 day 10 hours. ).

I have quite a bit of traveling, and I come in extra early too, as a certain bus is not reliable. I don't get enough sleep as it is... and it looks like things could get worse.

A small complaint really though. I'm now on my fifth week of permanent full time work with decent pay after months of temping/unemployment so I've a lot to be thankful for. I think I should seriously consider moving closer though, but not sure I should risk that until I've passed my probationary period (assuming that I do).

Best wishes on the probationary period.

Mardroid

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: 27 October, 2017, 09:16:13 am »
Thanks Sheridan.

Hope you get better soon Smith. Have you had it checked at the doctor's? I know one wouldn't normally do that with a sting. I'm just concerned if your arm has swollen that much you might have had an allergic reaction. Doubt it's that serious, but I think it's advisable to get checked.

Smith

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: 27 October, 2017, 11:52:56 am »
I exaggerated a bit. :)
It should be fine in 2-3 days.

Eric Plumrose

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: 27 October, 2017, 03:20:37 pm »
Whilst it's not actually on White Hart Lane it's the name that was adopted by the brewery that owned the plot of land that used to be a nursery . . .

Soon as you said 'brewery', I recalled doing an online search a while back and it taking a surprisingly long time to find out. I'll be sure make mention to the next Spurs fan I meet who doesn't know. Cheers!
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Mattofthespurs

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: 28 October, 2017, 10:55:00 am »
Whilst it's not actually on White Hart Lane it's the name that was adopted by the brewery that owned the plot of land that used to be a nursery . . .

Soon as you said 'brewery', I recalled doing an online search a while back and it taking a surprisingly long time to find out. I'll be sure make mention to the next Spurs fan I meet who doesn't know. Cheers!

A pleasure  :)

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: 29 October, 2017, 04:16:29 am »
I got stung by a hornet.My arm looks like a balloon.

There was a young man from Dundee
Got stung on the leg by a wasp
When asked does it hurt
He said, ‘Yes, it does.
‘I’m so glad it wasn’t a hornet.’

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20160908-the-language-rules-we-know-but-dont-know-we-know