Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Political Thread  (Read 618519 times)

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
Re: The Political Thread
« Reply #13890 on: 08 November, 2017, 12:31:52 pm »
I live in a country which has Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary and where Jacob Rees-Mogg is thought of as a credible and plausible next PM. Things can get a lot darker.

I'd be hesitant about going to some countries when, instead of working to get you released, the foreign secretary actually doubles your sentence...

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
« Reply #13891 on: 08 November, 2017, 02:01:39 pm »
Don't worry, the Tories have worked hard to rebuild public trust after the Bojo gaffe by sacking an Indian lady.

CalHab

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: 20 November, 2017, 01:25:08 pm »
Labour in Scotland have finally managed to sort out their rift with the UK party by electing a pro-Corbyn leader. Hopefully they can now avoid needless distractions and act as the opposition Scotland needs.

Oh, I see..:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/20/kezia-dugdale-joins-im-a-celebrity-and-causes-splits-in-scottish-labour

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
« Reply #13893 on: 20 November, 2017, 02:42:43 pm »
All that article tells me is that old media is getting desperate - if only because it somehow defines Kezia Dugdale as a celebrity.  Dugdale herself I don't blame at all for looking to cash in while she still can, as after telling the few Labour voters she hadn't alienated to vote Tory in order to stick it to the SNP (thanks for that, Kez), we can safely say her career in the party in its current form is done.

In less important news, the multinational peer-reviewed British Medical Journal - a review and research body established in 1840 and acknowledged globally - has brought out a study linking 120,000 deaths in the UK directly to the government's Austerity policies.  The BBC is flatly refusing to cover the story because the Science Media Center - whom the BBC itself has described as being a GM lobbying group founded in 2002 headed by a Rwandan genocide denier - has said it doubts the study's findings.  In the meantime, the BBC is running stories sourced from Guido Fawkes, a right wing conspiracy blog founded by a man convicted of drink driving four times.