Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

ming

It's not so much the price as the fact he actually decided to sell this in two sections - I'm a bit surprised by that.  I know the seller and I thought about picking this up ages ago, but now I have a couple of better Ron Smith pieces so I can just watch this sail off into the sunset with no qualms.  It'll probably sell, though.  At least one half... :lol:

hippynumber1

Yea, I phrased that badly in my shock! Why would you want to split the two halves, surely it's worth more as a spread and more desirable?

ming

Well it's physically two pieces of art and there's no real flow across the dps - no panels spread across both pages - so I can kind of see it, but then again, no, no no, no - just doesn't make sense to risk splitting up a dps like this.  Both parts might sell but I wouldn't be surprised if just the splash page with 'Mother' goes.  Then the seller's stuck with the lesser half of a dps... Crazy.

Spikes

Crazy is the right word.  ::)
Lovely DPS though.

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 July, 2012, 04:18:16 PMLovely DPS though.

Or two lovely HDPS', depending how you look at it.

:D

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 26 July, 2012, 04:25:27 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 July, 2012, 04:18:16 PMLovely DPS though.

Or two lovely HDPS', depending how you look at it.

:D

Very true!  :)

Still you cant blame the seller for wanting to maximise his sale. If they dont sell, i wonder if the next step is to offer individual panels?  ;)

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

They were high-end prints I believe; there was a McMahon one too I think...

CrazyFoxMachine

Now - a couple of years ago when they ran a sort of "Dredd archive" thing in the meg they did digitally re-coloured images. Isn't this one of them? Do we know who coloured it? Looks a bit too subtle to be Blythe.

Spikes

COMMANDO FORCES

I saw those high end prints on sale at the first KAPOW and even though they damn look nice, I didn't see the point really.

Emperor

Setting aside a whole range of cheap cracks* I am impressed by the postage: US $44.70. What are they going to do? Use the money to build a matter transportation device with the money specifically so they can deliver it straight to my coffee table? Although I see they are located in San Dimas, CA so perhaps that is what they are doing.

* Like "I'd buy that for a dollar" **

** Although "cheap cracks" night count as one too.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+