Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Exactly what I thought of. A long way off our rendezvous unfortunately.

The Legendary Shark

This time but, I seem to recall, the Ramans always do things in threes...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

While the Ramones done things in four...

Onetwothreefour!
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Heh, Rendezvous With the Ramones - sounds like my kinda sci-fi!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

So is the 2000AD Facebook page just people complaining that every current image posted of every character isn't exactly the same as when they last read/bought a prog x0 years ago?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 November, 2017, 03:38:39 PM
So is the 2000AD Facebook page just people complaining that every current image posted of every character isn't exactly the same as when they last read/bought a prog x0 years ago?

Yes. It seems to consist largely of people who haven't bought a prog in decades agreeing with each other that the comic isn't as good as it used to be.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 November, 2017, 03:58:34 PMIt seems to consist largely of people who haven't bought a prog in decades agreeing with each other that the comic isn't as good as it used to be.

I'm always grateful to Rob Williams for teaching me the word saudade, it's surprisingly useful.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 November, 2017, 03:38:39 PM

No, no they only spend about 50% of the admittedly limited time I've spent there doing that. The rest of the time they spend slagging the Forum off and calling it mean spirited and full of bullies and nonsense.... they then turn on anyone who defends it as one of the nicest places on the internet, but not perfect, like a pack of rabid dogs...

... its a fun place!

The Legendary Shark

I hardly ever look at it. I'm happy here amongst all you mean-spirited bullies... :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Sure. And Facebook is populated only by well-mannered and reasoned-thinking individuals.  :rolleyes:

The Legendary Shark

Facetube does get right on my threpennys but it's hard to take most of it seriously. It's generally a bunch of ill-informed muppets getting all emotional over things they misunderstood to start with, pillocks who think the contents of their digestive systems are fascinating and wazzocks who believe their opinions are of vital global importance. (I'm in the third category, mostly.)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

I miss the days when we had a righteous cause and a clear enemy to thwart in the JBF.  This new post-truth world of asymmetric inter-platform low-level warfare lacks moral focus and/or colourful villains, and I suspect it's just Zuckerberg and @jack trying to turn us against each other so they can move in and monetise the Art Comp.

The Legendary Shark

I wish they'd monetize the writing comp. :(

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Why does joining a library in the UK require me to declare my ethnicity?

JamesC

Quote from: von Boom on 28 November, 2017, 07:08:06 PM
Why does joining a library in the UK require me to declare my ethnicity?

Are you sure it's actually required?
It's usually so they have data to illustrate their reach within the community. Postcode, age, gender and ethnicity are all useful for them to know.