Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

That must have been a very intense experience, Shark. It's not a conversation I've ever had, but I did share many night shifts with a largely unrepentent bloke who'd served 6 years for robbery, possession of firearms and supply of drugs, and while he was perfectly affable (and ever since hails me loudly on the street whenever our paths cross) that was quite edgy enough for me.  Living with a murder is presumably a whole different level, and added to that length of incarceration, it's hard to imagine.

The Legendary Shark

Indeed, Tordels. This guy is repentant, it's tearing him apart. Intense is exactly the right word. It was difficult to find anything to say, especially with being full of beer, and there were a couple of quite unnerving moments. I get the feeling that, like you, I've made a friend for life because I listened and didn't turn my face away. 

It ruined the bloody film, though! How am I supposed to watch Dredd from now on without remembering that conversation? Some people have no consideration...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Smith

Moral of the story is: Dont try to bond with your dealer.

The Legendary Shark

Hmmm... There's an oddball road-trip comedy action buddy movie in that...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Smith

The Legendary Shark

Never heard of it - any good?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Smith

The Legendary Shark

Room for something better, then!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Ideal? Johnny Vegas BBC3 show. Written, I think, by Tony Mills/Burgess.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Smith

Who knew a discussion about Halo Jones in color would escalate so quickly...

The Legendary Shark

If that was my fault, I'm genuinely very sorry.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty

NASA reveals 'Oumuamua' historic visitor from another solar system is shaped like a CIGAR

Am I only one who think of Lifeforce?

von Boom

No, but I wondered if it were hollow.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]