Main Menu

Prop sale

Started by Steve Green, 26 October, 2012, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

That site is a mind boggling rip off - charging £950 for an African shield that Malcolm McDowell held during a costume fitting for A Clockwork Orange - it's not in the actual movie you understand, but a costume fitting at Kubrick's house. Apparently it comes with a photo that proves he actually held it. Bargain.

nicklambo

Oh man....I could be in serious trouble...!!!

JOE SOAP

I think shipping a bike with operational machine guns will pose a customs problem.

Buttonman

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 October, 2012, 09:56:30 PM
That site is a mind boggling rip off - charging £950 for an African shield that Malcolm McDowell held during a costume fitting for A Clockwork Orange - it's not in the actual movie you understand, but a costume fitting at Kubrick's house. Apparently it comes with a photo that proves he actually held it. Bargain.

Don't be such a cheapskate Dan - £419 for a replica beer bottle from Piranha 3D is perfectly reasonable.

I'm assumimg its full and you get 1000 of them of course.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Do you think they will put up what items are for sale before Jan? I am curious what they have. I know for sure I won't be able to afford anything though.

COMMANDO FORCES

I very much doubt it!
As for the prices, as everyone has now seen, they can be ludicrous. Take that Stallone crew jacket, I have two of those (I know) from different departments and I didn't pay more than £45 via eBay.

Looking at the items still on sale from the '95 effort, you can see why they have been on there a while. If they lowered the prices they might just sell them but so long as someone buys them in the end then they're happy

Zarjazzer

And a Drew Struzan poster for £7k? Come on lottery!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

HunterZolomon

Dibs on the helmet! If helmet <= £100...  :'(

Danbo

Euro lottery is 80+ mil on tuesday,WHEN I win it I might blow a huge wad over some Lawmasters and a full uniform,in fact two LM,one converted so it's road legal.
Out my way fekkers,I'm off to Tescos brumm brumm.....
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Michaelvk

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 October, 2012, 10:57:05 PM

I think shipping a bike with operational machine guns will pose a customs problem.

They're not operational..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Michaelvk on 27 October, 2012, 11:43:20 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 October, 2012, 10:57:05 PM

They're not operational..

That can be fixed.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Emp

Just checked the website and a cardigan worn by the character Jasper Palmer in Children of Men  is £495.

Now, (a) it would take a real die hard fan to spot that being worn by someone, and be able to recognize where its from and (b) for that price i know an old dear who will knock you out about 50  of em if you buy the wool :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

It seems as if everyone is gearing themselves up for a few bargains apiece :lol:

Emp

I'm just waiting on you going bankrupt my friend....then swoop in :lol: