Main Menu

Writer looking for artist to collab on original series: Working Title "Villain"

Started by Krinkle Kane, 06 May, 2014, 04:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krinkle Kane

Hey guys, I've been working on an original series over the past few months and would love to find an artist to collaborate with to either self publish or work towards a submission for Image. Obviously I'm willing to pay for time spent if the artist is willing to commit.

The series is about a character known simply in the world as The Villain, a middle aged, middle class type who had everything in life that most people strive for, a good job, an attractive family and a stable existence. But of course for some that just isn't enough so when our protagonist hits his midlife crisis with a bang he doesn't go the usual route of impulse spending or affair hopping but dons a costume and tries to commit the first genuine act of costumed, comic book supervillainy. But of course this being a world grounded in reality he is immediately caught and thrown into prison. A place he originally hopes will be a "finishing school" for his malevolent intentions though from the first night something wholly unexpected begins to happen, he becomes rehabilitated.

The first issue opens with him on release day 15 years later and shows him desperately trying to resume his normal life as best he can while showing flashbacks to his time in San Castrigo Supermax. We quickly learn however that his mistakes have caused massive ripples in this world. In the time he was away his highly publicized story has inspired countless others to put on masks and try their hand at crime with increasingly devastating results and as a retaliation a whole other subsection of society have risen up to fight this new wave of costumed terrorism with heroism, something the population and officials of the city have accepted as the only way to fight this epidemic. And at the center of it all is our Villain, a man who more than anything else just wants to reconnect with his estranged son. But in a world where every hero wants to make a name for themselves by defeating the progenitor of evil, every villain wants him to join their side and every bad decision in between it's going to be a hell of a road to travel.

So if anyone wants to join me in exploring deeper the world where a man simply cannot outrun the mistakes of his past and his reputation has left him with not even a real name to be recognized than I would love for anyone to get in touch.

I have a full second draft of the first issue written as well as plotlines that could run for as many as 12 issues though it could only be strengthened by a good collaboration and also to finally begin to realize this world visually would be my wildest dream.

Thanks for reading guys and I hope that even though what I've written is a very basic and uninvolved synopsis of all this that it makes some of you curious enough to wanna read more. If anyone would like to have a read of the script even just for feedback I would be more than happy to send it out.

Cheers Christian.