Main Menu

Meg 350

Started by Richard, 12 July, 2014, 05:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

A sick (in both senses of the word) Judge Dredd story by John Wagner. Really keen to see what happens next month!

A new Dan Abnett series with a new character. This looks promising, but I hope she has her own individual identity and doesn't just turn out to be a copy of Anderson.

The Man From the Ministry: not sure about this yet.

A new movie-Dredd strip starts, not with Henry Flint this time but I like the art all the same.

And a poster by Brian Bolland!

Tjm86

Quote from: Richard on 12 July, 2014, 05:21:23 PM

A new movie-Dredd strip starts, not with Henry Flint this time but I like the art all the same.

I was in two minds when I first heard that Flint was not on art duties on this but reading it, I thought it was a good first episode and Davidson's art was well suited.

Overall this was a good meg for my money.  Month til the next one seems a long wait, which must be a good sign.

ZenArcade

Look forward to this, thought Underbelly was a wee bit too short (my only criticism). Z :D
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Skullmo

Harke and Burr in the floppy - I read this first time around, but this time I have realised that they are supposed to be human and not evil mutants. Does anyone know why in the first story the mummies were bankers? The story made no sense.
It's a joke. I was joking.

strontium71

Love the dig at the Stallone version in Uprise re: the hi-exing of an illegally parked vehicle.
...because I hate you.

Proudhuff

A great meg and a great jump-on issue.

Not too sure about the Bolland cover, seems very retro and the nipplelessbikinilady seems out of place.

JD Dead Zone however is the best a Dredd can get. The Mighty Wagner at his best and some of the finest storytelling in comics from the Flint droid.

Artist interrogation as it should be, even with the directions for printers in the margins. and the BIG question never asked of Ms Moore

Lawless has promise, mostly from the hints that [spoiler]our lead is not who she says she is[/spoiler]
Hopefully we'll get more that the standard post Anderson fast quiping, fast fisted(!) female frontier fighter.

The Man from the Ministry continues to intrigue, would have loved to see this done by Hampson or in the style of that era

Uprising; looks good, didn't get the parking gag and wondered what that was about, however the story and art are spot on. Happy to see this continue.

No Dreddlines ....so a great meg all round
DDT did a job on me

kevhopgood

"The Man from the Ministry continues to intrigue, would have loved to see this done by Hampson or in the style of that era"

I'm doing my best... honest!

strontium71

In the '95 version , Dredd solves the problem of an illegally parked vehicle by simply blowing it up - in Uprise , it's an instant dismissal for the Judge who did the same thing  :D
...because I hate you.

Dandontdare

Didn't Dredd also do this in one of the comics? May have been a Daily Star strip. He did stick a parking ticket on one crime boss's illegally parked car, cube him him meaning that he was unable to move it, so cubed him again ad infinitum, but I'm sure I also remember him either crushing or blowing up an illegally parked car.

Quote from: kevhopgood on 14 July, 2014, 02:05:57 PM
"The Man from the Ministry continues to intrigue, would have loved to see this done by Hampson or in the style of that era"

:lol:

Frank

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 July, 2014, 05:31:21 PM
Didn't Dredd also do this in one of the comics? May have been a Daily Star strip. He did stick a parking ticket on one crime boss's illegally parked car, cube him him meaning that he was unable to move it, so cubed him again ad infinitum, but I'm sure I also remember him either crushing or blowing up an illegally parked car.

Not the strip you're thinking of, but it's in the same area:

The Enigmatic Dr X

Who is the Lady in Red on the cover? She's pretty prominent so it is annoying I cannot recognise her.
Lock up your spoons!

Frank

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 14 July, 2014, 11:23:54 PM
Who is the Lady in Red on the cover? She's pretty prominent so it is annoying I cannot recognise her

We decided it was probably Slick Dickens.

Proudhuff

Quote from: kevhopgood on 14 July, 2014, 02:05:57 PM

Sorry Kev, I was meaning in the full painted Trigan Emprire/Dan Dare type o thing! enjoyiong the current B&W work.
DDT did a job on me

Cyber-Matt

Quote from: sauchie on 15 July, 2014, 06:41:30 AM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 14 July, 2014, 11:23:54 PM
Who is the Lady in Red on the cover? She's pretty prominent so it is annoying I cannot recognise her

We decided it was probably Slick Dickens.

No, it's Inga, PJ Maybe's android squeeze.

kevhopgood

No need to apologise Proudhuff, I'm just pulling your leg. I bought the Titan reprint of the Frank Bellamy Dan Dare's recently and if I could get any where close to that kind of quality I'd be happy!