Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marko10174

Anyone know what stars of psi division is about?

robert_ellis

Stars of Psi Div - Janus ,  Strange & Darke , Storm Warning maybe?

moly

Strange and dark are in this months weird science

EDazzling

The Complete Janus and Karyn would come to around 170 pages. Storm Warning takes takes that to 220-230ish, which is a good volume length.

Are there any other solo psi-judge stories? There could be some more psi-focused Dredd stories in there instead?

But Karyn, Janus and Storm Warning is my guess.

EDazzling

Next month's are on Facebook.

Armitage and "Mega-City Underworld". Credits on that would fit Bato Loco, Marauder and Tempest.

Jade Falcon

One thing about Kryslers Mark, once it was mentioned was the mix of art styles was rather glaring.

Classic moments for me was Anderson's promotion, her thoughts on picking up the thoughts of those around her and Dredds comments on his new eyes.

I might be wrong but this looked like the time Joe started to have proper respect for Anderson rather than thinking of her as a bit of a pest.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Davgardo

I wonder whether Ron Smith was ill at the time, coz it's really weird when Kim Raymond just pops up in his 'segments'. And it looks really rushed Kim Raymond too. I think if Ron had drawn those strips, which I'm guessing was the intention, it wouldnt be such a mish mash. Oz, suffers from the same issue of course.

robert_ellis

I really wish City of the Damned had been a Steve Dillon epic, I find the mishmash of artists (all great individually) very distracting. For years I loved the Titan book with the ghostly Sienkiewicz cover. 'Weird Science' is a good idea for a book. It's a bit of a John Smith-fest, with Strange & Darke - please Tharg can we have more of this? Colin MacNeils art has never been better coloured.

Tomwe

Anyone know if the Daily Dredds are likely (or unlikely) to make an appearance in the JDMC?

Seems unlikely; I'm looking at that store 50% off sale but don't want to double dip so close together.

Tomwe

Quote from: Tomwe on 16 November, 2017, 01:37:21 PM
Anyone know if the Daily Dredds are likely (or unlikely) to make an appearance in the JDMC?

Seems unlikely; I'm looking at that store 50% off sale but don't want to double dip so close together.
UPDATE:
Quote@tomwe The Daily strips won't be included in the Mega Collection, Earthlet.

Michael Knight

Alright folks. Sorry if this has been answered already but is Missionary Man collected in its entirety in the 3 volumes of this collection? Thanks in advance 

The Monarch

i think its missing one or two one offs and the harke and burr crossover but other than that its as complete as its gonna likely get

EDazzling

Here's the reading list I made when the third volume came out. The three missing stories highlighted.

Salvation at the Last Chance Saloon - Volume 1
A Town Called Intolerance - Volume 1
Bad Moon Rising - Volume 1
Legend of the Unholy Drinker - Volume 2
Season of the Witch - Volume 2
Sanctuary - Volume 2
Judge Dredd: True Grit - Volume 3
The Undertaker Cometh - Volume 2
Treasure of the Sierra Murder - Volume 2
Medicine Show - Volume 2
Nightriders - Volume 2
Mississippi Burning - Volume 2
Harke & Burr: Satanic Farces - N/A
Crusader - Volume 2
The Big Sleazy - Volume 2
Night of the Hunter - Volume 2
Mortal Combat - N/A
Juggernaut - Volume 2
The Shootist - Volume 2
Storm Warnings - Volume 2
Prologue - Volume 3
Mardi Gras - Volume 3
Goin' South - Volume 3
Apocrypha   - Volume 3
The Promised Land - Volume 1
Mark of the Beast - Volume 3
Silence - N/A
Place of the Dead - Volume 1

Michael Knight

Thanks guys! Seems crazy how the mega collection doesnt list them in chronological order in the volumes?

IndigoPrime

It bounces around all over the shop sometimes. Anderson and Shimura do this too. It could really have done with some synopsis pages dotted about. I hope the 2000 AD books start doing that when there are big gaps.