Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Mattofthespurs

I'm finally starting have some fun with this build now after a few panicky issues and lots of bits just waiting around for later.
Up to part 14 and it's looking good.

hippynumber1

Once you're past all the bloody door cushions it's great!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 21 March, 2017, 04:54:40 PM
Once you're past all the bloody door cushions it's great!

I've done one set. Glued my fingers together far too many times  :lol:
I have the second, of many, to do today.

Tiplodocus

During a spare bedroom clear out, I found a 3/4 complete old AMT Millennium Falcon cutaway kit that I'd started building with the elder Tips son many years ago*

Man, it looks shit compared to the gorgeousness on this thread.

* This is what happens when you leave it to your Mrs to go out and get a Millennium Falcon TOY for a seven year old.  She comes back with a madly complicated kit that he just didn't have the patience to do.

"We've painted this bit. Now we need to let it dry." 

In retrospect, I should have a) taken it back or b) said "Sod it, let's just glue it together as quick as we can and then throw it about the room".   

In good news, we also found a LEGO MINDSTORMS DARKSIDE DEVELOPER KIT (AT/AT and Destroyer Droid).  Those are going for crazy money on eBay!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mattofthespurs

Finished up issue 25 today. More door cushions, frame and corridors. Don't mind the corridors but did not notice for ages that arches with cushions had to go in one way and one way only!
Glad I did not glue them!
Getting hand cramps now from all the fiddly screws so that's my lot until tomorrow.

hippynumber1

hippynumber1

How about a sneak peak at the first two issues of 'Build Your Own X-Wing'?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 31 March, 2017, 11:47:31 AM
How about a sneak peak at the first two issues of 'Build Your Own X-Wing'?

Hey, hey hey. The Falcon isn't even cold, hell the old girl still has some tricks to come I hope and already you tease us with this new beauty.

hippynumber1

It seems as though this is only a test run at the moment, Colin. If it's popular/successful enough then it will probably launch sometime in 2018 (annoyingly overlapping with the R2-D2 build.) The Falcon is now all about getting all the tiny rust and wear details on. I'm also waiting for a bespoke bracket to be made so I can display it in the way I want so you've a few more months of Falcon to go.

My main worry at the moment is we're moving house in three weeks and I am absolutely terrified about moving it. My plan is to pad out the boot of the car with blankets and a duvet, snuggle the Falcon into place, put as much bubble-wrap as I can find on top and drive very, very slowly to the new house...

Bolt-01

From the look of the size of it, Hippy you'd be better of climbing in and flying there...

hippynumber1

hippynumber1

This, my lovelies, is it - the finishing touches: the side panels all weathered and 'distressed.' The pictures start at the port rear panel and work around to starboard rear. I want to get this bracketed and on display properly for the final pictures so there may be a delay while I wait for the bracket to be made. We're moving house tomorrow too, so it's entirely possible that two years worth of modelling could get wrecked...

The Legendary Shark

Best thread on the board, this. Genuinely sad to see it nearing the end but can't wait to see the Old Girl all lit up.

Thank you, H#1, for sharing this marvellous project with us.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]