Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Weird, I don't remember Dominic West being in Star Wars.

:lol:

Dandontdare

ZenArcade

Is that cube set proud from the floor beside the seating area not a trip hazard....fucking rebels, not a bit wonder the Empire are shooting them. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

hippynumber1

That cube is for locating the Dejarik table when it comes time to glue it in place!  ;)

hippynumber1

Okay! Hold wall and door completed this weekend...

1: Component parts of the hold door inner liner

2: Completed hold door inner liner

3: Hold wall instrument panel #1 (still on sprue)

4: Hold wall instrument panel #2 (partially painted, still on sprue)

5: Hold wall with both door liners and partially painted instrument panels in place

6: As above but with completed instrument panels

ZenArcade

hippynumber1

Just a little bit of pipework today... Plus a tiny bit of drybrushing with Indian ink to dirty the place up!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 10 April, 2015, 08:43:06 PM
... Plus a tiny bit of drybrushing with Indian ink to dirty the place up!

Poor old Han and Chewie, will they always be besmirched with this reputation for poor housekeeping!

hippynumber1

They're a grubby pair of scoundrels, make no mistake!

von Boom

Not to derail this wonderful thread too much, but have you seen this, 99% PAPER!

http://www.starshipmodeler.co/gallery16/bs_011415_mf.html

hippynumber1

It is an incredible piece of work alright! I can't imagine where you'd start with something like that!

hippynumber1

I'm a little behind schedule on this at the moment; I shall try and catch-up next weekend. For now though we have a section of the metal framework and radial ribs for the underside of the hull and a test fit for some of the hull plates...

hippynumber1

Finally got up-to-date last night, just in time for the next set of parts to drop through the letterbox! The work was all on the main hold which now needs one more wall (next issue) to complete...

1 & 2: Seating, bunk and Dejarik table now fitted. I had to sand the end of the bunk slightly, hence the bright white, but I have weathered it down since...

3: Final piece of pipework for bunk/seating area

4: Hold wall fitted

5 & 6: Technical station fitted

Pipework and hold walls all fitted

Zenith 666

Can't believe I didn't buy this.stupid matt smith,stupid molcher,stupid Hachette bloody mega collection.stupid lack off funds.goddamn hippy constantly reminding me of my mistake.

ZenArcade

Jesus wept, but I'm enjoying this thread. Z