Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

The website is up and running - £8.99 regular price, 100 issues, same as the Falcon

https://www.deagostini.com/uk/collections/build-your-own-R2-D2/

hippynumber1

Getting back 'on thread' - final thing for the underside (until the next things): some dots and lines:

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 18 February, 2016, 08:25:12 AM
The website is up and running - £8.99 regular price, 100 issues, same as the Falcon

https://www.deagostini.com/uk/collections/build-your-own-R2-D2/

That'll make 7 part works im subscribing too now. These bitches know how to steal my money!  ;)

hippynumber1

With issue 50 we go right the way back to the first issue (see 1st photo) to begin work proper on the top hull frame

sheridan

I never realised how colourful the Falcon is!

hippynumber1

Quote from: sheridan on 19 February, 2016, 08:26:22 PM

Me neither! Weird, isn't it. I watched the original trilogy recently (and paid particular attention to the scenes with the Falcon in) and all the colours are there!

sheridan

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 February, 2016, 08:36:28 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 19 February, 2016, 08:26:22 PM

Me neither! Weird, isn't it. I watched the original trilogy recently (and paid particular attention to the scenes with the Falcon in) and all the colours are there!
Then again I must have noticed some colour at some point, as I have a rust-strewn airfix model of the Falcon somewhere (painted on, it's made out of plastic, and I must have painted it on the energetic side of ten years old!)

hippynumber1

Continuing work on the upper-hull metal framework

Magnets in bag

Magnets in place

Removable panel held in place by aforementioned magnets.

hippynumber1

Another section of upper-hull framework and the first of the upper-hull maintenance recesses (which will be painted at a later date)

Colin YNWA

One thing I keep meaning to ask is whats the content of the magazine? Is it just instructions and what not or does it have other content?

Krakajac

The instructions only make up a small component of each issue, Colin.

The rest of the stuff is essentially filler - they'll pick a planet/vehicle from the SW universe and natter on about it for a few pages (par for the course with these partwork projects).

It's just hit the newsagents here in Oz - I've just made a start on it myself!  A year behind the UK.

ThryllSeekyr

Being seeing this advertised on television.

It's so tempting and yet so dumb of me to even consider this one. I had started on the new Dr Who books that are being sold the same way.

You pay less then ten dollars for the first and about 25 dollars for the subsequent ones afterward. I've been suckered into these before.

I was buying up those How to Build a Robot magazine when I had to stop due to financial troubles. Like I was also buying up the Star Wars magazine at the same time and I eventually to give that one up. The former one, I mentioned was based on the series hosted the guy who is Lister from Red Dwarf. You know, Robot Wars :)

hippynumber1

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 February, 2016, 09:52:45 PM
One thing I keep meaning to ask is whats the content of the magazine? Is it just instructions and what not or does it have other content?

Krakajac is right; half of the mag is essentially filler. There's a section on a different ship each week, a section on a planet (or part thereof), one on some technobabble and then the instructions. First pic is for Colin_YNWA.

More upper-hull framework

Battery pack in place and ready for action.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 18 February, 2016, 05:10:30 PM
Getting back 'on thread' - final thing for the underside (until the next things): some dots and lines:

The red paint looks like blood stains....how morbid.

Colin YNWA

Thanks for the insight into the magazines chaps. I did wonder with all this talk of 800quid whether there was value in the magazine itself. Mind this thread is worth the 800 on its todd so the fact that I'm not sure I need to have a magazine telling me all about sensory arrays is academic (you have to admire the depth they seem to be going to!)