Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

looks like you'll soon have a real Millennium Falcon to race the Kessel run.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

hippynumber1

Mattofthespurs

That's coming along nicely.
Are you getting the R2-D2 one that is coming out on the 4th of Jan?
I've subscribed to that too but I think I might build that one as it goes long as I don't think I have room for all the Millenium Falcon parts and the R2-D2 parts sitting around in boxes.
I will definitely be using this thread in a years time to build my Falcon  :thumbsup:

hippynumber1

I'm umming and ahhing about the R2-D2 build - we had a baby this year and we're looking at getting a bigger house so an R2 model may be one of the luxuries that gets left by the wayside...

Mattofthespurs

hippynumber1

Mandible undersides painted

Mandibles bolted on

Hold and main corridors glued in place

Engine grille fitted

Headlight test

hippynumber1

Metal struts to support upper-hull

Metal framework ALL the way around the outside

Central access corridor to ventral and dorsal gun-wells

sheridan

Those engines are a bit good - I got the Falcon kit that came out around RotJ time, and the engines were a few weak lights surrounded with some white paper to try to brighten them up a bit - not a patch on the 21st century version!

hippynumber1

Ha! I had the same kit and had completely forgotten that awful bit of folded white paper!

hippynumber1

Colin YNWA

I know its not the point but can we see a photo of your work table? That' jewel' design we see glimpses off feels so familar to me but I have no context of how the table as a whole works?

As the Falcon seems to be getting ever closer I don't want to leave this thread without at least once seeing its unsung co-star.

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 December, 2016, 09:23:04 PM
I know its not the point but can we see a photo of your work table? That' jewel' design we see glimpses off feels so familar to me but I have no context of how the table as a whole works?

As the Falcon seems to be getting ever closer I don't want to leave this thread without at least once seeing its unsung co-star.

I've been admiring that table too :)

hippynumber1

Quote from: sheridan on 30 December, 2016, 10:53:18 PM

You guys are...weird.  :lol:

Dandontdare

it's the weird thumb-ring that I find distracting!  :lol:

Colin YNWA

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 31 December, 2016, 01:52:44 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 30 December, 2016, 10:53:18 PM

You guys are...weird.  :lol:

Oh come on we have over 13000 posts on a comic forum, you excepted well adjusted?