Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Justice League 2017  (Read 3477 times)

matty_ae

• Prog Stacking Droid
  • I don't know as much as you other fans.
    • View Profile
    • Reprint this Dan Dare
Re: Justice League 2017
« Reply #105 on: 24 November, 2017, 01:33:26 pm »
I think there's some real structural problems with the story-telling in Justice League.

Introducing Steppenwolf by having Diana tell the story which then cuts to a Lord of the Rings pastiche was so clumsy. In contrast when Hela arrives in Ragnarok, the point is that our hero has never heard of her and under-estimates her power as her existence has been literally plastered over.

Diana's story-telling seems to take so long by the end of the flashback they have left the BatCave and are now in the countryside. Just really awkward.

And the single family in Chernobyl were so clumsy.
The whole 'Superman isn't here' so racism has increased just didn't feel earned by the previous movies. i though the whole thing was just wretched and the biggest missed opportunity in Superhero history. I would have actually preferred just to see a longer Zac Snyder cut so at least his whole trilogy felt completed. What we got was like a weird simplified edit like a plane version of a horror movie with so much cut what was left felt just disjointed action scenes.

I did like the Flash eyeballing Superman. Just before Clark head butted Wonder Woman - I mean why use a headbutt - just nasty.

Rusty

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 24 November, 2017, 05:44:46 pm »
Superman's super "malky" on Wonderwoman was probably the best bit in the entire film. I laughed out loud at that. It was so unintentionally funny, it was brilliant.  :lol:

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 27 November, 2017, 05:35:53 pm »
Thoroughly enjoyed that.  Nice tone,  didn't outstay It's welcome. Neither did the fights. Some good gags. Blimey look at those abs. Forgettable villain. Plot mostly hung together. And nice character moments. Didn't notice the tache. And they let the heroes be heroic.

And Ok, her bum was nice. But not as nice as her strength and leadership and setting an example.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!