Main Menu

Justice League 2017

Started by JamesC, 21 June, 2016, 04:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

Tiplodocus

We don't do that any more. We listen and ask them how their day was because we respect women and stuff now.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Goaty

I hear on twitter about how awful CGI on Superman's mustache?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Goaty on 20 November, 2017, 03:03:21 PM

It's one of those things: if you know, and you're looking for it, it is a bit uncanny valley. However, it's not as bad as the still screen caps you might have seen make it look, and my wife, who didn't know about it, didn't notice at all.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 20 November, 2017, 03:00:09 PMWe listen and ask them how their day was because we respect women and stuff now.

I can do all this and appreciate their bums. Multitasking respect and objectification FTW.

Although it needs to be said that there are plenty of people with bottoms as pleasing as Gadot's, but precious few with her screen presence and palpable charm.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 20 November, 2017, 03:00:09 PM
We don't do that any more. We listen and ask them how their day was because we respect women and stuff now.

I checked with her. She said it was ok. And her day was 'peachy' apparently.

Jim_Campbell

I figure if it's OK for me to have to sit through a detailed comparison of the relative merits of Hemsworth/Momoa/Cavill's exposed musculatures, I'm probably allowed to appreciate a nice pair of glutes, in an entirely non-reductive and respectful way. Obviously.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

I thoroughly enjoyed that- maybe more because I had managed to lower my expectations. It wasn't as good as Wonder woman, but it was streets ahead of Suicide Squad.

SIP

Of course you are right, and it's a fair bet that all the gratuitous ass shots were put into the film accidentally. I shall do my best not to look, and I'd love to have the opportunity to listen to her and ask her how her day was!

The Legendary Shark

That was okay; not crap and not brilliant but good enough.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

The Legendary Shark

Well, I'd hardly go that far...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

dweezil2

Quote from: Goaty on 20 November, 2017, 03:03:21 PM

I was too distracted by all the other poor CGI and glaring plot holes to notice!!!  :lol:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Legendary Shark

I do like this version of Batman, though. Tough and old and bruised and battered. He's the one character who's brave rather than fearless. The others are all much stronger and more durable than he is and so have less to fear. Batman's just a bloke with expensive gear and a strong will. I think Affleck nails it and, as someone said earlier, is the best Wayne/Batman to date.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rusty

Thought it was awful. Not as bad as BvS in terms of how messy it was, but overall a worse film. The bad guy has to be the least interesting of a film in the past two decades or more. Looks like he fell out of a CGI concept sidereel that was left on the cutting room floor of Lord of the Rings editing from 18 years ago. It was like he was a CGI cosplayer of Tim Curry's Darkness from Legend.