Main Menu

London Super Comic Con 2017

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 11 October, 2016, 08:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

It'll be like Kapow all over again...

I like the Business Design Centre as a venue, more than ExCel anyway.

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 October, 2016, 10:22:24 AM
It'll be like Kapow all over again...

I like the Business Design Centre as a venue, more than ExCel anyway.
That the one in Islington?  Great - much easier for us to get to than Excel!

Steve Green

Yeah it is. Was the venue for Kapow.

sheridan

COMMANDO FORCES

School holidays, bank holiday and Notting Hill Carnival weekend.

GordonR

I see this has had an unfortunate knock-on effect already - Northhampton''s NICE con, which runs in late August/early September has now been cancelled indefinitely, because the rescheduled LSCC is too much competition.

That's another 'proper' comic con - you know, the ones that are actually about comics and not film & TV celebrities - gone.

Eamonn Clarke

Very unfortunate indeed. I've really enjoyed both of the NICEcons I've been to.

The organiser Jeff Chahal has posted on Facebook that they are going to take a year off and look at 2018. I know he has previously posted that the convention is a passion project that does not break even.

Tough times for comic conventions.

Steve Green

Yeah, I went to NICE for the first time this year, and chatted with Jeff - it's a real shame.

I think the timing was already precarious, it was the week before ICE in Birmingham and I couldn't do both.

ICE, NICE, The Lakes and Thought Bubble have all felt a bit more personal - LFCC, LSCC and MCM just feel like anonymous money making machines.

Steve Green

Just read that it's Thought Bubble moving to end of September.

I know we bitch about LFCC, MCM etc - but if you've got the 'proper' comic cons all bunching together...

Eamonn Clarke

Blimey, that part of the calendar is getting crowded.
The 40th birthday party has a clear run at the start of the year.  :)

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 October, 2016, 10:01:09 AM
Just read that it's Thought Bubble moving to end of September.

I know we bitch about LFCC, MCM etc - but if you've got the 'proper' comic cons all bunching together...

I was going to ponder why they're all at the same time - but then I realised that if they have to move from the pre-arranged time they have to settle for whatever's available at suitable venues...

Steve Green

I don't know why they shifted - I also read that the Islington location wasn't permanent either.

By-Jove

I can go to this if I have the money up by then & a passport to leave my country.