Main Menu

Nintendo Switch

Started by radiator, 20 October, 2016, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Apestrife on 29 October, 2017, 03:51:06 PM
Just of "finishing" Mario. [spoiler]Only got 200 of 900 moons.[/spoiler]  :lol: Got a bit more to do.

Word in el barrio is; there are [spoiler]999 Moons.[/spoiler]

Apestrife

Picked up DOOM this week. Played it before on PS4, but I like the idea that it's running on a machine not much thicker than the box the game comes in. Also helps that it's a really fun shooter. Hopefully it sells enough to get more games like it on the system (hopefully FPS:s as good as it.)

Has some slowdowns and minor bugs (which the developers seems aware and about to iron out) but other than that it's the real deal. Graphics looks great, much thanks the lovely design. Cool also to be able to position the doom guys gun so it looks in old Doom.

Which I think adds immersion. Not only retro, but also a bit of urgency: that the doom guy is actually aiming his weapon.

Quote from: Link Prime on 07 November, 2017, 11:00:13 AM
Just of "finishing" Mario. [spoiler]Only got 200 of 900 moons.[/spoiler]  :lol: Got a bit more to do.

Brilliant :)

radiator

Quote from: Apestrife on 14 November, 2017, 10:54:17 AM
Picked up DOOM this week. Played it before on PS4, but I like the idea that it's running on a machine not much thicker than the box the game comes in. Also helps that it's a really fun shooter. Hopefully it sells enough to get more games like it on the system (hopefully FPS:s as good as it.)

Has some slowdowns and minor bugs (which the developers seems aware and about to iron out) but other than that it's the real deal. Graphics looks great, much thanks the lovely design. Cool also to be able to position the doom guys gun so it looks in old Doom.

Which I think adds immersion. Not only retro, but also a bit of urgency: that the doom guy is actually aiming his weapon.

Quote from: Link Prime on 07 November, 2017, 11:00:13 AM

Brilliant :)

I ended up cancelling my preorder for Doom, simply because I still have so much left to do in Mario (currently approaching 500 moons) that by the time I'm ready for a new game to play I'll probably be able to pick up Doom for less than the launch price.

Apestrife

Quote from: radiator on 14 November, 2017, 05:49:12 PM
I ended up cancelling my preorder for Doom, simply because I still have so much left to do in Mario (currently approaching 500 moons) that by the time I'm ready for a new game to play I'll probably be able to pick up Doom for less than the launch price.

My plan is to return to the post game moons and give Zelda BotW another go around Yule.

I'm trying to find time to play Nier Automata among other games, and those two -mentioned above- are too big to fit in :)

DOOM will probably go down in price, and hopefully get patched to full glory.

Tiplodocus

Odyssey is a given.

But DOOM? LA NOIRE? SKYRIM? What should I get for post Rogue?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

shaolin_monkey

If you haven't played Skyrim before, then definitely Skyrim!!

radiator

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 15 November, 2017, 10:05:16 AM
Odyssey is a given.

To be totally honest, despite the nice presentation I thought LA Noire was shit.

I'd also recommend you add Steamworld Dig 2 to the list. Haven't played it yet, but I adored the first one and the sequel is supposed to be even better.

Link Prime

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 15 November, 2017, 10:35:46 AM
If you haven't played Skyrim before, then definitely Skyrim!!

I'm genuinely contemplating getting this again for the Switch, despite regretfully squandering about 250 hours of my life playing it on the PS3.

James Stacey

Quote from: radiator on 15 November, 2017, 09:55:59 PM
I'd also recommend you add Steamworld Dig 2 to the list. Haven't played it yet, but I adored the first one and the sequel is supposed to be even better.
Ive not played the original but adore Steamworld Dig 2. Its a definite!

Apestrife

Quote from: radiator on 15 November, 2017, 09:55:59 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 15 November, 2017, 10:05:16 AM
Odyssey is a given.

To be totally honest, despite the nice presentation I thought LA Noire was shit.

Really hope that one sees a physical release. It and Shovel knight. I want more 2d games on cartridge  :D

Apestrife

Anyone who played Disgaea 5? I tried the demo but it seems a bit fiddly.

Is it a very hard game? Strategy isn't always a genre I excel at.

radiator

Great news here - Capcom are releasing a compilation of all the Mega Man X series of games on modern platforms, including Switch!

I've only played the Mega Man X games relatively recently, and they really hold up as some of the very best  platform/action games of their era - for my money they are far superior to the original core Mega Man games which I always found too difficult and frustrating to be enjoyable.

https://kotaku.com/mega-man-x-collection-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-switch-1820983270

GrudgeJohnDeed

When they teased the announcement I got my hopes up for a new Mega Man for a second! I'd love them to take another stab at a 3d one.

GrudgeJohnDeed

radiator

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 04 December, 2017, 08:00:36 PM
Apparently they have announced MegaMan 11 too. Cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0

Looks interesting - I'm not in love with the visual style - it looks a bit too flat and clean, but hopefully the game itself will be good.