Main Menu

Steve Dillon 1962-2016

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 22 October, 2016, 04:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Confirmed by 2000AD Facebook and several of the droids on Twitter it seems that Steve Dillon has passed away in New York.

One of the great Dredd artists.
RIP

IAMTHESYSTEM

My condolences to all those squaxx's at the 2000AD Command Center who knew or worked with Steve Dillon. Very sorry for the loss of your esteemed colleague and brilliant artist who made twoothy indispensable reading.  :'( :'( :'(
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

ZenArcade

Really sad news, I grew up with his art. My condolences to his family and friends. I'll raise a glass of the black stuff to him. Slan leat mo cara. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

COMMANDO FORCES

BLOODY HELL!

I managed to grab a quick chat with him at the bar and thank him for his work at LSCC and only last month had some of my books signed by him at NICE, this was while he was in great demand for his sketches.

What a sad day in the world of comics but especially for his family and loved ones.

R.I.P. Steve :'(

Judge Brian

Hawkmumbler

I can't wrap this around my noggin, just awful news.

Bad City Blue

My absolute favourite comics artist, so upset right now.

RIP
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

auxlen

Oh fuck! I loved his art and spent many a hour tracing Cassandra Anderson's curves...I loved his clean lines and his work on Rogue trooper Hit was a personal fave.

I also loved his punisher and preacher.

rest in peace.

Dark Jimbo

Well, this is awful news to come back to!

What a gutpunch!  :(
@jamesfeistdraws

blackmocco

So, so sad. A giant, really. An epic storyteller and by all accounts, an absolute gentleman.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

maryanddavid

Colin YNWA

Bloody hell. Just seen this. That's a such a shock. Terrible new. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Darren Stephens

Terrible news indeed. My thoughts are with his loved ones.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Buttonman

What a shocker. His clean line was so distinctive and his Punisher and Preacher strips were always gorgeous. I met him at a London Comic Event about 25 years ago and he seemed a great guy. Will be missed.