Main Menu

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Started by Goaty, 10 April, 2017, 02:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Woolly on 05 November, 2017, 08:28:19 PM
What I didn't like:
I refuse to accept that SHIELD planes are spaceworthy, or that Hulk could fly one to wherever they were in the galaxy in just a few years.

I'll confess I'm a bit baffled as to why you would conclude that SHIELD quinjets are spaceworthy and capable of FTL travel, and that the Hulk is capable of piloting one, rather than simply assuming that some time shortly after we last see Hulk at the end of Ultron, the quinjet is hoovered up by a wormhole and deposited on Sakaar... much the same way that everything else gets there.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

It also could be that Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Thor and/or Dr Strange conspired to create an artificial wormhole to rid the Earth of the Hulk menace (as I think happened in the comics, or something similar).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Smith

Sometimes fun,but ultimately generic and forgettable.I think its time to admit Im too old for this...

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I completely fail to see anything "generic" about Ragnarok. I could understand that levelled against Dr Strange or Ant-Man, because despite loving both they didn't once push the envelope either in content or style. But Ragnarok was about as far from the norm for these things as it's likely they will ever get.

SBT

Smith

World conquering villain,CGI hole in the sky,army of faceless mooks,Loki...just like every other Marvel movie.

TordelBack

Quote from: Smith on 14 November, 2017, 02:15:16 PM
World conquering villain,CGI hole in the sky,army of faceless mooks,Loki...just like every other Marvel movie.

Thor? Antman? Spider-Man: Homecoming? Captain America: Winter Soldier and Civil War?  None of those films have any of those elements (apart from Loki, but a first appearance is exempt). I think maybe you just like a good moan, Smith, but if Ragnarok failed to entertain you may be right to stay away in future. 

Smith

Excuse me,I didnt realize you have a monopoly on opinions about movies.

TordelBack

Not sure what in my post led you to that conclusion. I'll try again, you moany bugger: none of the things you listed as being in every Marvel movie are in at least the four I mentioned (and arguably aren't really centre-stage in this one).  There've been umpteen of these things now: if you found them dull, stay at home and save your money.   

Goaty

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 November, 2017, 08:27:50 PM
Not sure what in my post led you to that conclusion. I'll try again, you moany bugger: none of the things you listed as being in every Marvel movie are in at least the four I mentioned (and arguably aren't really centre-stage in this one).  There've been umpteen of these things now: if you found them dull, stay at home and save your money.   

Agree those are great films, Smith just a troll as with his posts on other threads.

Smith

Quote from: Goaty on 14 November, 2017, 08:32:55 PM
Agree those are great films, Smith just a troll as with his posts on other threads.
And your clearly an idiot who cant form his own opinion,as evidenced by your other posts.

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 November, 2017, 08:27:50 PM
I'll try again,you stupid wanker,if I didn't like it,that doesn't stop you  liking it.Peace out.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Smith on 15 November, 2017, 05:13:53 PM
I'll try again,you stupid wanker,if I didn't like it,that doesn't stop you  liking it.Peace out.

Whoa, there. You self-evidently are a moany bugger. That's your entire schtick here — "I saw this, it was 'meh'... I read that, it was 'meh'... I'm soooooo jaded... feel my ennui..."

Calling someone a stupid wanker for accurately describing the persona you actively choose to project is a bit much.

There's plenty of things I'll take exception to being called on here, but if someone calls me, say, a grumpy bastard, I have to take that on the chin because despite my best efforts, it's still true. If you don't want to be described as a moany bugger, maybe try being less of a moany bugger...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

I don't like having to come on here to intercede but I would like to reiterate that aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated and will lead to temporary bans. Disagreements are fine but this thread is over the line - please desist.

Smith

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 November, 2017, 05:37:42 PM
Quote from: Smith on 15 November, 2017, 05:13:53 PM

Whoa, there. You self-evidently are a moany bugger. That's your entire schtick here — "I saw this, it was 'meh'... I read that, it was 'meh'... I'm soooooo jaded... feel my ennui..."

Calling someone a stupid wanker for accurately describing the persona you actively choose to project is a bit much.

There's plenty of things I'll take exception to being called on here, but if someone calls me, say, a grumpy bastard, I have to take that on the chin because despite my best efforts, it's still true. If you don't want to be described as a moany bugger, maybe try being less of a moany bugger...?
Excuse me,have we actually meet?Do you know anything about me?What exactly gives you the right to judge anyone?

Goaty

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 November, 2017, 05:47:16 PM
I don't like having to come on here to intercede but I would like to reiterate that aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated and will lead to temporary bans. Disagreements are fine but this thread is over the line - please desist.

Yeah you're right, sorry about that. Just annoyed with his posts. Should learn "Don't feed the troll".

Smith

That would leave you to starve.Which would actually be a boon to human race.