Main Menu

The 2000AD Advent Calendar 2017!

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2017, 11:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amines2058

Not so hasty Andy :D! Apologies for being late and the pic being a bit rushed but had to get something in (fnarr fnarr). Have had loads going on and almost thought thought I would not be able to submit but anyway I digress. So here is Joe with a little gift for you all.
And once again sorry for being a bit late  :-[

Andy Lambert

Matthew Simpson as Johnny Alpha
Kevin Horsham as Wulf Sternhammer
Intergra Fairbrook as Durham Red
Adam Leishman as Middenface McNulty
Photography by Steve Green

NeilFord

Bit late, but here's Mean's 1st Christmas.

Andy Lambert

Andy Lambert

Andy Lambert

CrazyFoxMachine

So ... my day has come and there was A PLAN IN PLACE to do with the art competition. It now can't happen for various reasons BUT THEY ARE EXTRAORDINARILY GOOD ONES as you'll discover in 2018. I am sworn to secrecy but I did knock up this image to accurately describe the circumstances:

So ask yourselves, what could be coming that Tharg himself has got involved?  ::) :-X :-X :-X :-X

STAY TUNED ....  !

M.I.K.

First, Monsterbytes Software brought you the game of Zombo, featuring the eponymous semi-undead flesh-gnawing anti-hero, (actually quite nice once you get to know him)...

Then, Santa went mental, (and started puking up Christmas trees or something), in Zombo's Christmas Capers...

Now, from the pages of 2000 AD comes a new game for the ZX Spectrum featuring Mega-City One's most famous lawman battling interdimensional entities in a future-shocked world!

You are The Law.

You are Judge Dredd.

This
is Dredd Over Eels...

PLOT
Cockney gangster Jimmy The Spug has decided to get into a more respectable line of work and has opened a chain of eateries providing 'authentic London cuisine' to the citizens of Mega-City One. Unfortunately, the food is not quite as authentic as advertised. Jimmy has cut corners and saved money by 'acquiring' illegal dimension-jump technology. Instead of importing sea-food from the shores of Brit-Cit, he's been obtaining stock directly from parallel universes. But these interdimensional eels are sentient and aren't too pleased to find themselves grabbed from their oceanic worlds to sate the appetites of greedy bipeds. Now the eels and a host of other displaced creatures have escaped and overrun the city, causing mayhem wherever they roam and/or slither.

OBJECTIVE
Judge Dredd is tasked with exploring the city and tracking down The Eel King, before shooting it dead. It shouldn't be too difficult - it's just a collection of eels. However, on his way he'll encounter the other beasts transported across the aether because of Jimmy The Spug's restauranteurial ambitions. Some are harmless and may prove useful, others mean no harm but are dangerous due to their intense curiosity, some will block Dredd's path, and others are from a dark eel dimension where all marine-life is a crime.

Also be on the lookout for Justice Department's new Mechanismo Mini units. These malfunctioning machines have become violently unstable due to eels getting up inside them, and must now be destroyed. Dredd will also encounter friendlier robots that can transport him to areas otherwise impossible to reach.

Go carefully. For the purposes of gritty realism, Dredd has only one life, (and the 3D Game Maker program I used didn't give me the option of adding more).

CONTROLS

• Kempston Joystick
  • Sinclair Joystick
  • Cursor Joystick (or keys, 0 = jump)
Up - Move forward
Left + Right - Rotate
Down - Fire
Fire - Jump
A - Quit game
ALT and F4 - Exit bundled emulator

Zip file includes the instructions and mock inlay shown above, tzx, tap, z80 and sna files, PLUS a version you can run straight away without setting anything up! Just extract the files, click on "Dredd Over Eels.bat", (or "Dredd.exe" in the 'PC' folder), and you'll be up and running. You can even use your favourite control pad by selecting 'Kempston' from the options.

Dredd Over Eels is a completely unofficial, not-for-profit fan-game by Malcolm Kirk.
Created using Iain Christopher Hayward's 3D Game Maker.
Judge Dredd™ Rebellion A/S, © Rebellion A/S.

TO DOWNLOAD DREDD OVER EELS, CLICK HERE!

TO DOWNLOAD ZOMBO'S CHRISTMAS CAPERS, CLICK HERE!
TO DOWNLOAD THE FIRST ZOMBO GAME, CLICK HERE!

MERRY DROKKING CHRISTMAS!

Heath C Ackley

Apologies once again for jumping the queue but this the only opportunity I've got to post this little tale:

Rad Road Trucker

I've been driving the rad roads for twenty-five years now, travelling north under the storm clouds that restrict air traffic. Over the years I've seen some pretty weird shit man but nothing like what I saw that freezing December night.

I was hauling med-supplies to a tech community up in the snow wastes. As always, it was just me and the Bear. There ain't nothing more reassuring as an AI in the cab to watch your back. Not long after we hit the snow, I spotted something or someone in the road. Bear zoomed the windscreen in tight. It was a tiny fella in brightly coloured clothes. Now the Company has one policy concerning situations like that; nothing stops the delivery. Usually, I would have just mowed down whoever was on the road and probably whistled a happy tune as I did so. But as the scanner focused on those pale, trembling features and large dark eyes, all I could do was hit the brakes.

Leaving Bear to yak on about risks and policies, I jumped down from the cab. With a hand on my holster, I approached the little guy.

''Elp me.'

He kept jerking his head around and nervously glancing back at the darkness behind him.

''Elp me Mister.'

'What's wrong kid?'

'Company rules Boss - no passengers.' Bear boomed from the cab.

'Now wait a minute-'

In the distance, somewhere in the gloom, bells delicately rang. It was a cute, musical sound but by the way the little guy shook and fouled his costume, it must have sounded like the coming of the apocalypse.

'Its too late Mister - ' He wailed. ' - they're here.'

Shapes moved in the darkness. I slipped my Smiter from it's holster. Tiny figures scampered over and seized the little guy. They were all dressed in the same garish clothes. Their eyes gleamed with spiteful pleasure. The miniature mob clamped iron restraints around their prisoner's wrists.

My attention switched to the large, wheezing figure standing outside the arc of the headlights. From what I could tell it possessed two legs but it was by no means human. The creature seemed to be covered in red fur and long white hair.

'Take the little sheeet back to the camp.' It growled. 'He will soon learn that there is no escape from Camp Frosty.'

'What the hell is going on here?' I levelled the Smiter at the rotund belly.

'And you -' The figure stepped closer to the light. I made out mangled white hair and cheeks the colour of a rotten pumpkin. A mouth of yellowed and mis-sharpen teeth gaped in the forest of hair. ' - You have seen nothing.'

The mob turned to me. They bared jagged teeth and produced stiletto blades from their tunics.

'Bear.'

'Way ahead of you Boss.'

The roar of the cannons filled the still air. They tore at the frozen ground. I raised a hand and the barrage ceased. When the mist of vaporized snow and ice cleared, they were all gone. There was no trace of the strange folk, not even a damn footprint.

I got back into the truck and completed the run. I put the whole thing down to crazy mutants. Bear and I made a back haul and were soon home for the festivities. My wife, Vests, met me at the door with a kiss.

'The kids found something strange under the tree about an hour ago.'

In the living room, I found a large box under the tinsel and baubles. My name had been scrawled on a label in crayon. I lifted the lid. Inside, poking from the layers of tissue paper, was a loop of ribbon.

'It must be a decoration for the tree or something.' Vests said behind me.

I hooked a finger under the loop and lifted my gift from the box. My free hand clamped over my lips to suppress a scream. I recognized those big, cartoonish eyes and the rose-tipped nose.

'Merry Christmas Mister - ' The small, decapitated head squeaked before rasping; ' - you saw nothing.'

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Andy Lambert

Here it is - Merry Christmas!
Well done to everyone who contributed such wonderful treats to the calendar - it's been a joy as always! Thanks also for everyone who dropped by and shared their appreciation.
Hope you all have a Scrotnig Christmas! :D

Photography by Steven Sterlacchini

Adrian Bamforth

James

Instructions for my LEGO Lawmaster. 291 pieces (not included). 32 page PDF (A5 size).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nngq7ywb0suy3sj/Lawmaster.pdf?dl=0

Merry Christmas and happy building!

Adrian Bamforth

Apologies for the festive broken Photobucket link. This one may work better:

Eamonn Clarke

I bring him out every year for the tree. I guess the old images may be in photobucket limbo.
Grud bless us, everyone. Dredd says keep your nose clean out there.