Main Menu

Chuggers

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 15 June, 2018, 01:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Yeah but close enough not to warrant a fresh thread. Charity, corporate stooges, whatever. Just don't pull dirty tricks to try and push your agenda on me in public.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I have discovered an effective defense from these chuggers, or in Hawks case Human Pop-up Ads. Headphones. Not the little ear buds, I'm talking about big cans*. You don't even have to be listening to anything, just having them on is enough to stop randomers hassling you. Also being familiar with their usual haunts around the city centre, I have, on occasions when I find myself without my big cans**, pretended to be having a serious argument on my phone. Charity wise, I have volunteered at Marie Curie shops, and the wee boxs at the till/at the bar get the majority of my loose change. One time, they were offering wee bags of sweets for every pound donated in my local. I gave them the pound and didn't even take the sweets. I'm telling ye lads, Benny better canonise me when we visits Ireland soon.

*stop it, you!
**seriously now, that's enough!
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

"I applaud your dedication to the charity of your fellow man. In return, allow me to introduce you to the Wonder that is Jesus! Did you know that... Wait, where are you going? Come back! The Love of our Lord awaits you!"

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

hmmm, remind me to carry copies of FutureQuake so I may try a variation of this...

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 June, 2018, 04:42:11 PM
"I applaud your dedication to the charity of your fellow man. In return, allow me to introduce you to the Wonder that is Jesus! Did you know that... Wait, where are you going? Come back! The Love of our Lord awaits you!"

I'm DEFINITELY trying this one!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"