Main Menu

Ian Gibson Covers and Centre spreads

Started by Wake, 25 April, 2003, 04:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I've just received a new package of artwork from Ian, which included several covers and centre spreads.

I've listed the "Enter the Dragon" Slaine cover on eBay for $180, but I'd quite like to know what people think about the prices I've set on these new pages (all in the ?100 to ?200 bracket apart from a Judge Anderson page).

Also, does anyone have any artwork from Robo-Hunter The Filby Case. Ian sent me the whole story except TWO pages, and I don't know if they've been sold previously or whether he's lost them. Just in case I can complete the sotry, I'm going to hold those back...there are still pages from Killing of Kidd and Day of the Droids for sale.

Wake

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=collector&page=artindex" target="_blank">Artwork Index

http://www.2000ad.org/artwork/321.jpg">

Devons Daddy

hi wake
i love the art work. but i for one will state this is outside my price bracket. not that its not worth every single penny.
but this kind of pricing places it in the hands of the few,
i have a wonderful piece of slaying of sam slade by Ian,i paid 40 pounds for it.not a centre spread or cover i know. but none the less. i must say i fear this may be little steep for many of the boarders here.
but i wish you every success in your success in selling these pieces.

argghh or what ever they are called used to be good once, but i must say i find them to have placed themselves within a price structure which keeps the unwashed masses away.
i hope you dont find this happens with you also.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Wake

I'm specifically thinking about prices of double spreads and covers. I tend to price Ian's standard pages at around ?40 for Dredd and ?25 for Robo-Hunter.

Wake

Devons Daddy

yes i have jsut been and looked/
i now am teh BOARDS LARGEST FOOL
sorry ignore me. i am about to resist the urge to buy.
its not easy/.
SORRY WAKE

DD they are great prices given th standards and its in colour.
apologies to you.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Wake

Only the Full Mental Jacket centre spreads are in colour.

Wake

opaque

I think the cover prices are a little too much but then the market determines the value so if you can sell the one on Ebay for that much go for it.
I personally wouldn't buy any of the covers for more than ?100 but thats just me*. Knowing the sizes and having the actual image of the artwork is great though.

Funny question though Wake, would you take Paypal payment for ones on here like you do for those on Ebay?
I might buy a couple then and try and spread the cost (for myself)over a month or so.

*If I had the money I'd be buying all of them!

Wake

I can take PayPal for direct sales as well as eBay. However, I don't think I'd want to sell any of the covers for less than ?100, since at that price I'd probably want to keep them all. However, I may compress the price range to ?100-?150, if I can't sell at the initial prices.

Wake

opaque

Great!
Have to see what comes up and then pay you that way :)