Main Menu

Prog 1276 - no major spoilers promise

Started by Anemic_Newt, 25 January, 2002, 01:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anemic_Newt

Just got home from work and there on my mat was a letter from Rebellion. Wondering what was going on - had I been drafted into the academy of Law, I quickly opened the leter containment device to discover a nice shiny complete pack of those postcards I criticised for being overpriced.
Accompanied by a letter personally signed by Tharg - apparently my letter has been printed (Yay!) I don't know when it will see print I'm guessing in the next issue.
I can't remember what I said or even if I signed it Newt or my real name.
However I have such an exciting life I am now very excited.
I have not had a letter printed in 2k since the issue revealing the Dead Man was Dredd on the cover.
What will Tharg say to my incessant ramblings?

Anyway the postcards are now good value for money - FREE!

Even better than that I have Tharg's autograph!!!!!

Newt

paulvonscott

Hi newt

Well done!  Was yours the letter about the Dead Man, If so i think I remember it?

Anemic_Newt

No, it was a very sad letter pointing out an error in the opening panel in the Chopper story that followed the JD Supersurf epic. The particular picture showed Ayers Rock undamaged yet only a few months before we had seen it getting blown apart when Judge Dredd sent a Nuclear Bomb through a portal to destroy the Judda's lair.
Can't remember what Tharg's get out at the time was and all my progs of more than three years ago are still in storage at my parents house as I don't have space for them under my rock.
I did get a nice binder at the time though.

The cover of the issue in question showed the Dead Man looking at the reader with his scarred face, wearing his low brim hat and cool coat, holding up the twisted remains of his Judge Dredd Badge. One very cool cover!

Anemic_Newt

It was in issue 661. The Chopper story was Song of the Surfer which ran 654-665. The panel I wrote about must be in 654.

paulvonscott

I think you've got a bit of a cheek questioning Tharg and taking his postcards, but I guess that's not for me to say.  Let others judge you and cast the first stones, I will merely supply the stones from my extensive gravel quarry.

I do remember the cover and your letter now.  I have a great memory.  How it works is that I cannot remember anything, then someone tells me something and I go 'oh yeah, that's right'.  It could be of course that I am merely remembering the words from a fraction of a second ago, and what I consider memory is just delayed thinking.

I have had three letters, only one under my real name.  The one under my real name is the most embarresing, it was my 14th letter to 2000AD and I was getting desperate.  I had thought it was going to be my comic masterpiece of a letter about the dead and decomposing Wulf Sternhammer complaining to Tharg about being killed off.  So I told everyone and then they printed my creep-crawly embarresing piece of shame.  Thanks Tharg.  I owe you one.

PVS

For real weirdo's out there the other two featured Burt and a sadistic evil monk.  Such a beast am I.

Anemic_Newt

Can't remember - honestly what I've questioned him about this time - I think it is probably something to do with I want a long Dredd epic - and or a Death story - one of my current rants. If so it was sent before prog 2002 by e-mail and gives "Tharg" another chance to plug the new Death story and perhaps to hint at whatever the next Dredd "epic" happens to be.
If its a rant it is that Helter Skelter was over too quick - but I get confused now about what I have posted here and the only one I have sent direct to 2k.
You never know - they may be going to reveal who Shakara really is and perhaps I guessed it right first!
I'm quite impressed - I've only ever written twice - both have got in! Perhaps I should try my hand at writing a screenplay/script and see if I can get that in too... now that would make Scojo jealous!

Anyway I wasn't expecting to take Tharg's postcards, and I didn't steal them...

Honest...

He gave them to me

For Free

so there!

Anemic_Newt

Oh well - only another few hundred or so and I might catch up with Floyd Kermode in the Meg!

paulvonscott

I was just joking about the ayers rock controversy.

jont

Hang on you whine- you get free shit. Hurm.

Anyway, off topic how about those life time subscription prices. And how is the common man supposed to copile a complete back list of 2000ad graphic novels.
Tharg you bastard.

McNulty