Main Menu

Brett Ewins artwork

Started by Wake, 19 June, 2003, 06:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I'm visiting Brett next week to have a look at what artwork he has left. Apparently it's mainly Rogue Trooper, with some Bad Company and a few Judge Dredd double spreads which he probably doesn't want to sell anyway. Would anyone like to encourage me to buy more than I want for myself, assuming the price is going to be over ?50 per page?

He also has large quantities of preliminary drawings and sketches which he would like to sell (for ?25 to ?50 each). I'll take my digital camera so I can post some images of these. I don't know if I'll be interested in them myself, but someone might be. Any potential takers?

Wake

Mangamax

Why do these things pop up when stuff like decorating and car self-destructing is going on?
Can't go for artwork but sketches - maybe.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

longmanshort

the artwork is a bit beyond my budget,. but sketches sound good, especially anything relating to his stint on Anderson.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Wake

Which thrill? As well as Dredd, Rogue and Bad Company, he has plenty of Anderson prelims.

Wake

longmanshort

Curse my leaky memory! Er ... the demon realm Anderson story (with the lad who she went to rescue but had to shoot) and anything he did from the Judge Death/Anderson story. Pin-ups/character studies of Anderson would also be nice.

But my budget is tight, so (despite myself) I can't go nuts on purchases. It's just that he did some of my favourite old skool thrills and I'd be chuffed to own a bit o'history.

Thanks Wake :o)

Wake

My reply was actually to MangaMax, not you.

On the phone, Brett seemed to suggest that he had some pretty good Anderson stuff (just no finished pages), so I'll look to buy a few pages if I think they are good value for money.

I might get the prelims for the prog 472 cover for myself, since it's one of my favourites.

Wake

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/472.jpg">

johnnystress

Personally I would love some Johnny Nemo stuff- sketches would probably suit my budget better but if you sould take some pics of finished art too- in case i win the lotto soon....

also ask him if the Mercy Giants will be making a comeback anytime soon :)

longmanshort

"My reply was actually to MangaMax, not you."

Oops, soz. Would appreciate a look out too tho :o)

"I might get the prelims for the prog 472 cover for myself, since it's one of my favourites."

Swine! Er ... only joking!

opaque

I'll encourage you to buy more than you want for yourself!
Don't know if I could afford it myself but you never know lol (damn why did I have to buy myself a new mattress!). I do know that I'd love a piece of Rogue Trooper in my collection. And it would be good to see any prelim work.

There must be loads of artists who would like to sell more of their past work and thank you Wake for doing all this work for the greater good!
I think I'm going to try and sell some bits and pieces on Ebay to try and raise more money!

Mangamax

Wotcha Wake.
My preference would be prelims from Dredd or Anderson especially that 472 tale with those great demon designs and the Exorcist Judges
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Wake

I managed to come back with a large stack of Rogue Trooper pages for sale or return, including some complete episodes from Fort Neuro. There is only 1 Bad Company page for sale, plus the complete charity story, Simply. They are now all listed in the artwork section, though I need to recheck one image this evening.

I might release a couple of the pages I've kept back for my private collection...I haven't decided yet.

I did ask about Jonnny Nemo, but Brett is reluctant to sell artwork for characters he owns...just in case he can get them reprinted.

I'm afraid I forgot to ask about Mercy Giants.

As for the prelim stuff (see the other thread), Brett had selected a batch he thought were good enough to sell for me to look at (and photograph). However, I'm pretty sure there are plenty more of a similar standard.

Wake

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=collector&page=artindex" target="_blank">Artwork Index

opaque

Please thank him for making the artwork available for sale. (Even if I can't find the money to buy what I'd like)
I must also say I am very jealous of the cash you have to invest in your own artwork collection!

Wake

I guess I have Ian Gibson and Sam Slade to thank for the comparative flushness of my collection account this year.

Wake

karne

Brett Ewins or Donald Pleasence...You decide.http://www.2000adonline.com/images/page/brette.jpg">

Richmond Clements

Ah. Mr. Karne, I've been expecting you...