Main Menu

Refresh My Dredd

Started by Matt, 30 October, 2001, 02:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathan

Isn't Fraser Irvine drawing the next Death series?
 Hope Anderson's in that, cos he can _really_ draw women!

N

Matt

Yeh, I've seen that picture of Death in a couple of places, wonder if it's an attempt to get the Dark One back to his roots as an evil son of a bitch rather than the comedy sidekick he's become.

W. R. Logan

>Matt,
>I don[backslash]'t know if Wagner would want to write Doomsday 2.
>I reckon he wouldn[backslash]'t.
>So I think it isn[backslash]'t going to happen.
>scojo

Never underestimate how long John will keep an unresolved thread going for.

OZ Progs 545 - 570
The Judda are introduced

Bloodline Progs 583 - 584
Kraken appears

The Shooting Match Prog 650
Kraken V's Dredd

Which led into the 'Dead Man'& 'Necropolis' storylines

Wagner can keep you guessing for years and give hints before resolving threads of a long past story line.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

W. R. Logan

>Maybe Mr C.
>But the Mechanismo saga was never reslolved.
>Remember that?
>The robots tried to kill McGruder in the Wilderlands story yet no reason was ever given.
>I think Wagner sometimes get sloppy with Dredd continuity.
>The Mechanismo/Wilderlands storyline is the best example of that.
>scojo

John Wagner may not be a big fan of continuity but at the end of 'Wilderlands' it was pretty much decided that Judge Greel was behind the Mechanismo robots attempt to kill McGruder, although they couldn't prove it as all evidence was destroyed, thats why he was transfered to the Hab-Zone.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

kraken

Hello?
Somebody mention my name?
Oh, sorry.

These stories are my very favest though.

CHRIST! is that the time!

W. R. Logan

>Hello?
>Somebody mention my name?
>Oh, sorry.
>These stories are my very favest though.

The whole Bloodline storyline is one of my faves especially 'By Lethal Injection' Prog 669.

>CHRIST! is that the time!

Yes.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

O Lucky Stevie!

this is why 'necropolis' is my fave of the dredd epics; the seamless ease with which john so masterfully weaves all those seemingly disparate plot threads (judda, kraken, the democracy movement, judge giant, 'a question of judgement', the deadman, etc) together is just pure epiphany. & you get sumptuously painted carlos ezquerra artwork to boot!

cheers,

steven
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Thread Zero

Yeah, it is a great story.

My fav bits are the last page of the prog when the dark judges appear in the city. When the scientist finds the correct dimension and brings them back. The look on Kraken's face is triumphantly evil.

The other great scene is when Dredd kills Kraken at the end.

Very effective. And Dredd's line saying Kraken didn't want to live anyway. Or something like that!

Classic Dredd.

scojo

W. R. Logan

At 05:45 31/10/01 -0600, you wrote:
>The other great scene is when Dredd kills Kraken at the end.
>Very effective. And Dredd[backslash]'s line saying Kraken didn[backslash]'t want to live anyway. Or something like that!
>Classic Dredd.
>scojo

Couldn't let him live now.

Take it from me - He didn't want to.

Necropolis - Prog 698

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

O Lucky Stevie!

Couldn't let him live now.

Take it from me - He didn't want to.

who, kraken or scojo?;)

steven l'enfant terrible

oh & i have it from an extremely reliable source that vector 13 returns in prog 2002. the first case deals with how scojo & milo are the one & same person.

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Thread Zero