Main Menu

Dishonored

Started by Goaty, 16 October, 2012, 09:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Did anyone get it? is it good worth?

Just notice many great reviews about it!

Here the trailer;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyDvT7XpaBc

zombemybabynow

hmmmm - not as good as i thought it would be:

graphics not amazing (but that could be 'cos i'm using xbox 360?!)

there's too many buttons/weapons/skills for an absent minded 40 year old to grasp?! (finally just started getting to grips with fifa's new defense buttons)

getting frustrated that i can't finish a level with no kills - so playing the same level over and over but - that's a good thing

style reminiscent of Guttsville - remember that?  so that's good

once i get more runes, runes = powers, i'm sure it'll be more fun to play

7.5 / 10 - you need extreme patience for the stealth - not  a fps kill everything game and though bethesda is involved not a skyrim or even fallout 3 level............fingers crossed for hitman absolution

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Dr Feeley Good

Really enjoying it, some cracking powers when you get the hang of them !

Zappanalé

Having today finished my broadly stealth/low chaos playthrough, I'm about to start a run 'n gun, fuck you, boom boom style playthrough. I'll actually get the air blast and rat powers this time, along with the different endings.

oh, and I'll actually *kill* my targets, too.

Emp

I try, i really do, to be stealthy but it inevitably goes tits up resulting in high chaos....ah well it's their own fault for framing me :)

mogzilla

i really wanted to like it but i just cant for some reason ...i cant   do stealth very well but want to , i'll have to try assasins creed and hitman when theyre out

The Enigmatic Dr X

Finished this yesterday. It was tops - the first stealth game I have ever enjoyed.

Not messing up the party was... difficult.
Lock up your spoons!

Dodsy

Loved this!
My first play through was a stealth play through (or what I like to think of as stealth...) which is how I think the game is meant to be played and after finishing it I instantly started again and now I'm playing as a shooter. The amount you miss on one play thought is amazing as well, I'm finding full sections of levels I missed the first time through.
Agree with Dr X, not screwing up the party is hard.

Also, don't get your hopes up fir the ending. In my opinion it kind of falls flat on it's face right at the very end.
Twitter - @dodsy84

MercZ

I got this for $25 here on cybermonday... just got it in yesterday though haven't had a chance to sit down and play it. I liked what I played on my friend's computer though.

ThryllSeekyr

It think it was on the day I went see The Hobbit : Unexpected Journey. Yeah, on Boxing Day after I had been given a X-Box 360 by my brother for Christmas the day before. I had a hundred dollar voucher for some stores including Myer and Target. So I picked this up Target! It's my first X-Box 360 game along with the free SkyRim download and Forza Four racing game (Boring!) I got with the Xbox - 360.

So, No long after I took it home, I tried it out and had played through the tutorial level, and the bit where you had to escape through he sewer to contact your new friends and base.

I think I failed at doing everything stealthley

I was given my metal facemask and sent on my first mission after travelling in a boat. Armed with my newly acquired supernatural power and more mundane skills I  proceeded steathley up the stairs when I was spotted and attacked. I fumbled badly and fell down the stairs dead.

Since then, I haven't played.

I think it's a great game, but requires more commitment than I was prepared to give at the time.

Since then I have kept putting off playing it again.

In fact, I haven't touched the Xbox - 360 in nearly a year when I brushed the dust off of it in a weekend from last and downloaded State of Decay and put in Xcom: Enemy Unknown to play all weekend.

Zarjazzer

Only just started this.alas I am not a stealth gamer as I found out the hard way on this game.entertaining though to look at and some personal leads to da plot in a theyshouldnaouttadonethat kind of way.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Zarjazzer

Oops forgotvto add terrible controls and several times alresfy I've accidentally murdered civilians or people I'm supposed to be helping.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

bluemeanie

I absolutely loved this one. Way better than Bioshock Infinite IMHO which everyone else seemed to compare it unfavourably to. Played it stealthy... with occasional rat attacks

Reminded me of the first time I played the original Deus Ex game.

Rog69

It's a great game, I'm just playing through the Knife of Dunwall DLC at the moment and its every bit as good as the original game. I'm a big fan of the Thief series, so it's scratching that itch until the Thief 4 is out.

I don't quite understand the comparisons, but for all Bioshock Infinite's high production values, it's just a shallow, linear shooter. At least in Dishonoured your actions and upgrade choices actually make a difference to how the game plays.