Main Menu

How to make a healthy vibrant forum?

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 August, 2019, 07:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 September, 2019, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: NapalmKev on 01 September, 2019, 07:42:25 PM
Grammar Nazi's and those who hold the truest of opinions rule the mainstream internet highway. Whereas this place, in my opinion, is a much more tolerant and dare I say it, Genial place!

I for one am very happy the grammar nazis don't hold sway here... or at least are more tolerant... do you get tolerant nazis?

Towards their ilk, probably. When it comes to anyone else though I would think not.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

I'm still seething about the apostrophe in "Nazi's"  >:( :lol:

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 31 August, 2019, 08:35:07 PM
Quote from: Woolly on 31 August, 2019, 04:31:56 PM
...Koom-Skree...

Is that a war between two alien races in mainstream american comics?

I had no idea what they were talking about - answer here.

sheridan

Quote from: NapalmKev on 01 September, 2019, 07:42:25 PM
As for new members - If the Prog has attracted new, younger readers, maybe they're less inclined to post because their only experience of social media is the likes of Facebook and such. Grammar Nazi's and those who hold the truest of opinions rule the mainstream internet highway. Whereas this place, in my opinion, is a much more tolerant and dare I say it, Genial place!

Interesting, as I find I can understand just about everything posted on here, while the internet at large has a lot of txt-spk and incomprehensible spelling and/or grammar that still can't be understood even if you read it through a few times.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Acronyms - acronyms are the answer of course... or

Aaataoc

DrJomster

Acronyms are the answer? Google is the answer, more like! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

CalHab

I feel like Rebellion could pull the plug here at any moment. There are no announcements here any more, nobody from Rebellion answers on any of the forum threads. At some point there will need to be some kind of investment required to keep this place running and that'll be that.

It's a real shame because this forum is a big part of how I got back into reading 2000AD and British comics again. The Facebook stuff is just filled with folk who haven't read the prog in thirty years complaining that it's crap now. Or worse, weird guys in their fifties with tedious feuds. It's no substitute for this place.

IndigoPrime

It requires bugger-all upkeep. There are admins here that look in when shit hits the fan. And the officials at Rebellion are increasingly burdened with work, and so don't have time to check in much. No-one is suggesting any plugs will be pulled. As for content plugs (as in, announcements), people here usually post threads. I'll ask Molch-R if admins can occasionally post important stuff in the actual Announcements forum, which might help bridge that particular divide.

CalHab

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 September, 2019, 01:08:29 PM
I'll ask Molch-R if admins can occasionally post important stuff in the actual Announcements forum, which might help bridge that particular divide.

That would be good. It was the lack of any official posts about Day of Dredd and releases that led me to think that they've lost all interest in maintaining this forum.

TordelBack

Oddly I view this as a fans' (and pros') forum, albeit on the publishers' turf, and don't really expect much input from Rebellion. The prize support and Tharg's Choice were cool, but that's about it. I think commercial/brand/promotion/news stuff and creator portals  really have moved to the purer social media platforms, and as long as I get me comics and somewhere to enthuse/moan about them I'm happy.

broodblik

I agree with tordel. Most cases I actually read about what is going on from post of by fans, right here. You can ask any related question and you will always get an answer
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Frank

All the posts on here going back to the early aughts were originally made on a fan site, created by Wake*, weren't they? Tharg only slotted those years of waffle into his spare USB port a short while before I joined (I think) - so it's a fan site gone corporate.

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=1.msg1#msg1

* The genius responsible for Barney