Main Menu

The Punisher Movie - New Version

Started by Shewrog, 26 January, 2005, 04:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

irving, don't mind the bear.
He's alright really, but beware, he'll try and wind you up by accusing you of... things.

I haven't read the Punisher in 10 years or so, so I can't join in your 'conversation'.

Satanist

Now that we've all calmed down can I say that I found Ennis first run highly amusing & its what attracted me to the comic for the first time. I'm now reading the Max series and really enjoying that too.

They are two very different beasts though and I'm not even sure how they fit into the same continuity or even if they're supposed to.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

irving9000

one indication of the continuity between the two runs would be that character 'yorkie mitchell' who was in both. we seem to have moved on in years though as frank is referred to as having been doing his thing for 30 years.
satanist, if u haven't got it, i can recommend 'circle of blood' trade paperback, first punisher miniseries from mid-80s (grant, zeck, beatty). little bit dated but it is what made the punisher what he is today. this story is also at the end of essential punisher vol.1 which contains all early punisher stories in b&w (spidey, cap america, dd stories)- the really early ones are sometimes quite dated and dodgy. if u like that get on ebay for 'return to big nothing' by the same team.

irving9000

Bico

Oh look, Charmed is starting on UK Gold...

Richmond Clements

See what I mean..?

Funnily enough, 'Circle of Blood' is my current toilet book.
As you say, it's dated a bit, but there are some good chracter moments in there.

Satanist

Irving9000, cheers for that. Just what I need, yet another comic to track down ;D
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?