Main Menu

Constantine

Started by judderman, 21 February, 2005, 11:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judderman

Not sure about this movie yet. With the ever-wooden Keanu Reeves as the main star, could be aweful. Based on the DC Vertigo Hellblazer comics it seems we cant get enough comic book/movie adaptations.
Your thoughts??
Just another quick buck for the industry??
View the trailer here.........

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360486/trailers

thrillpowerseeker

I'm a big JC fan but I'm dreading this film..our kid is getting his hands on a pirate copy this week so I'll post my actual thoughts later...but I fear the worst

judderman

I look forward to your comments thrillpowerseeker. Its one of those films again where the trailer makes it look pretty good but you know inside it probably aint gonna be.

thrillpowerseeker

SPOILERS ALERT

SPOILERS ALERT

SPOILERS ALERT................................................................................

Finally got round to watching this last night...and....

it was an appalling adaptation of Hellblazer...but strangely watchable..I just wish they hadnt bought the Franchise and had used other characters names..maybe it would have been quite a decent noir/occult flick..

JC's faithful Chas has been hollywoodized into 15 yr old 'Chaz' a kid with tude...(groan)..

the CGI demons dont work either..although Mnemoth was good (or was that Mammon?)

Gabriel has been made out to be some sort of half breed angel instead of one of the ARCHANGELS..why?

JC is made out to be some kind of lapsed Catholic..all the evidence points to a protestant background (one of his ancestors fought in Ireland with Cromwell)

there are loads of meaningless subplots going on..JC contradicts himself many times with heaven/hell bullshit..

the direct swipe from Dangerous Habits is twisted into a pointless mess involving the Spear of Destiny an angel and a demon nearly triggering the apocalypse or something..

The depiction of Hell is good though

Reeves is wooden throughout (looking at the floor with a fag in your hand doesnt mean 'Moody presence' in my book)

Lucifer camps it up all the way through..

like I say they've took the names and some of the scenes from the Hellblazer world and twisted it into a mish mash of pseudo religeous claptrap..

I wont be watching this at the cinema..I might get a snide copy from my local carboot though just for completions sake

TPS

judderman

sounds...........................groovy!?

Well it appears to be as suspected then........tosh!!
I'll get a copy of it rather than go to the cinema
Thanks for the heads-up.

Carlsborg Expert.

Well thats utter shit. The be all and end all at the end of trhe day, it had to be me.