Main Menu

why doctor who will probally suck.

Started by doktor bee, 10 March, 2005, 12:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therev

Am I the only one who thinks of the Little Britain Dennis Waterman sketches but imagining him being asked to be the Doctor..

"..so I write da feame tune, sing da feame tune...My name is Doctor Who-Oooh, I fly around in space & time-Ooooh etc etc"...

I just got a copy on DVD of the first episode, MUST-NOT-WATCH-IT!
:-)

therev

Leigh S

So did we all like the trailer?  Shown again on BBC2 at 11:25 apparently....

Quirkafleeg

The BBC's got a countdown on it's web site...

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/" target="_blank">10 days 19 hrs and counting...

Adrian Bamforth

OT for a moment but anyone else think Little Britain missed a trick by not having the real Dennis Waterman on their comic relief special?

They must have asked, reckon he must hate them.

ADE

Conexus

I'm just glad the real Vicky Pollard wasn't involved

tzunder

Sorry to say this but the origional show did have high paid actors, hi SFX for the day and was a pretty good example of funky 80s SF, sort of A Team in Space but better.

The new one IMHO is excellent, nicely inward looking, dark and paranoid whilst still has some nice flashy bits and some kick ass moments.

BG II = Good!

We'll see about Dr Who.

The Amstor Computer

"OT for a moment but anyone else think Little Britain missed a trick by not having the real Dennis Waterman on their comic relief special? "

He does, apparently. ISTR an interview with him in which he was asked about the sketch & responded in terms of barely-concealed hostility :-)

therev

longmanshort

I've just been flicking through pages of old DW scripts and there's some cracking dialogue and characterisation in those old episodes, something sadly lacking as things went on. While I'm a massive fan of Sylvester McCoy (who, incidentally, is currently performing in Leeds - I nearly plucked up the courage to say hello the other day ... didn't manage it though), even I admit that some of the scriptwriting and acting wasn't brill ...

"One day I will come back, yes, I will come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am correct in mine."
The Doctor, The Dalek Invasion of Earth

"You look very nice in that dress, Victoria."
"Thank you. You don't think it's a bit, uh --"
"A bit short? Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. Look at Jamie's."
The Doctor and Victoria, Tomb of the Cybermen

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Art

We demand the return of Dandy Lord.

Link: http://www.ntk.net/2005/misc/dandylord.html" target="_blank">Dandy Lord

McNulty

What regeneration is the Doctor on now? Ninth, Tenth...? Are we counting the last Doctor, that one that came after McCoy?

VampiraJen

9th.

i am starting to get mildly excited.  but i feel it will be as silly as old doctor who, and that probably won't wash with a modern audience

Richmond Clements

Just saw the trailer for the first time.
Looks bloody awesome!