Main Menu

1434 - Dante/Horn Pun

Started by DavidXBrunt, 11 April, 2005, 01:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shazhughes

>They fail to see that Christianity has also been a very positive force, not just for societies, but for individuals.

Have to agree all the yeares of putting the fear of god in to people must have been very positive for our ancestors.

Dredd: Love Boo Cooks artwork.

Sinister Dexter: Dont read it anymore

American Gothic: Mmmmm undecided but at least I'm reading it.

VC's: Like the story but dont like the art.

Dante: Fun romp but starting to get bored of Burns' artwork.

Dudley

Top of the Pops

At number five and falling fast...the VC's, with "Thirty-Odd Foot of Cliche"

At number four, aging boy-band Sinister Dexter have one of their biggest hits for some time in "Ripped Off Plot, Good Art"

At number three, old stager Nikolai Dante's "Early Years Remix" keeps the pop pickers buying.

At number two, newcomer American Gothic's debut single just keeps rising like a bloated corpse from the depths with "Solid Quality"

And still at number one for the third week running, the stupendous breakout hit "Utter Genius" from DJ Rennie and MC Cook.  You just can't argue with skills like these.

Satanist

I thought this prog was a cracker but agree with the above that it did seem like a quick read.

Dredd is still tops.

As for the Christianity brouhaha you have to see it from the characters point of view. If he was Jewish would anyone say "Once again we see the writer take the easy route with a bit of Hitler bashing" ?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Trout

DJ Rennie?

Oh dear God please no.

Wils, stay away from Photoshop!

Jared Katooie

If he was Jewish would anyone say "Once again we see the writer take the easy route with a bit of Hitler bashing" ?

Are you comparing Jesus to Hitler?!

Oddboy

Well - that was "The Satanist" talking..!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Satanist

"Are you comparing Jesus to Hitler?!"

Ok I agree I wasn't very clear in my first post so here goes....

In the story a character makes a snide comment about Christianity because they are responsible for the attempted extermination of his race.

If the character were Jewish and spoke about the attempted extermination of his race would there be such a reaction? I don't think so.

Please excuse any misunderstandings. If I was to compare Jesus Christ to anyone else it would be Bilbo Baggins as he's the lead character in another bestselling work of fiction. ;D

I'm so very tired!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

therev

I thought it was the worst issue in awhile.
The covers DEFINATLY in my Tippity-Top 10 of dull covers.