Main Menu

SW: Attack of the Clones- possible spoilers

Started by ukdane, 17 May, 2002, 03:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Just got back from seeing it in a ? empty cinema!
I liked it- I admit some ot the dialog is pants- just as in the others- but there are some very good points.
1) Ewan McGregor is sounding and looking more and more like Alec Guiness.
2) Jar Jar's ironic brining about the downfall of the republic.
3) C3-PO's dialog proving that despite JarJar, Lucas can do comedy!
4) The last 25 mins of action- gold (but I missed a space fight)

Did I fall asleep though? When did Lucas reveal the reason for QuiGon not disappearing?
And why is Leia a Princess if Amidala is no longer Queen?

Thoughts for Episode 3;
1) The title could still be The Clone Wars, although I'll hedge my bets that the title has something to do with the destruction of the Jedi Knights
2) Please George give us some Wookies!
3) Chances of seeing an adult Fett are slim I would think.
4) Jar Jar Executed by the Jedi Order for being the cause of the start of the Clone Wars
5) Chances of seeing a half built Death Star?
6) Ending is a huge space battle!
7) It's going to be mighty dark!
4)
Cheers

-Daney

red_lichtie

Leia is a Princess because she was raised as a daughter of the Aldeeraan (the planet that got deathstarred in Episode 4)  Monarchy. Just call me an anorak.

RL

ukdane

And yet Jimmy Smitts didn't seem that regal. Plus Bail Organa was/is a senator, not a king.
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

Couple more things I forgot to mention.
1) There are plenty of chase scenes to keep Lucas Licensing (computer games) a float for years!
2) Anakin's shadow falling on the Moisture Farm is Vaders helmet
3) QuiGon can be heard in the background when Anakin slays all the Tusken Raiders!
Cheers

-Daney

Anemic_Newt

Went to see it last night in a half empty cinema too!
This film is incredibly hard to review. IMHO I hated nearly every second of the first hour and would give it 0/10. After that it is IMHO one of if not the best star wars yet.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S
1)From Anakin killing the Tusken raiders on the film is one hell of a rollercoaster.
2) Anakin fighting with 2 lightsabers was superb
3) Yoda - Wow "Judge me by my size do you hmm?" Now that line makes  one hell of a lot more sense!
4) Vaders shadow!
5) Mace Windu rocks

Anemic_Newt

Ok so in the film Bail Organa isn't royal, neither is Amidala any more! We have still to see Alderaan - perhaps theri system is going to be the same as on Naboo - royalty elexted hence why Leia is a Princess?

Really looking forward to seeing Episode III now
My wish list also includes
1) Death of Jar Jar
2) More Yoda similar to this one
3) No kids anywhere in it!
4) Seeing the Millennium Falcon being built or doing the Kessel Run
5) Big space battle
6) An ending that leaves you feeling as low if not lower than Empire Strikes Back - should be with the "Birth" of Vader, destruction of the Jedi, that we know of already but lets have much more - Vader killing Amidala, Mace Windu dying pointlessly...

Can't wait for 2005 - bet its late though!

Newt

Matt

You'll not see Vader killing Amidala as Leia refers to growing up with her mother in Return of the Jedi. The film does rock though. I was a bit bored at the start, it felt too much like Phantom menace, I hated corsucant, that fucking shit dinner thing that obi wan goes into! From Tatooine on the film is pure gold. It's easily up there with Empire Strikes Back. And Jar Jar, what a twat!!!!

ukdane

Episode III-
Natalie Portman has said in an interview that she is going to be 'with child', although this can't be confirmed, as we don't know how much Gl has written.
If you look back over the first 2 episodes, they have a lot of similarities to the first 2 of the second trilogy, so for a climpse of what might be coming in Episode III, just watch ROTJ again- this is what has led me to think that the title will have something to do with the elimination of the Jedi Order.
Cheers

-Daney

Buddy

I've just seen Episode II and thought it was fantastic, when I see it again I'll look out for the Vader shadow etc...

Here is a spoier for Episode III
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Palpatine (the Emperor) is Anakin Skywalkers father.
You read it here first!!!

This by the way is fact, no bullshit.

ukdane

The very symetry of the SW trilogies puts doubt in my mind about that one! Never in a thousand years would Lucas do that. Plus- The Emperor shows not the slightest remorse at killing Vader in ROTJ. Sorry but it ain't true.

Cheers

-Daney

Buddy

The Emperor didn't kill Vader - Vader threw the emperor in the shaft thing. Vader died as a result of the injuries sustained doing this - remember?

plastikman

Best bit in the film for me was "musn't let our plans for the ultimate weapon slip into enemy hands"  role on that half built death star!! (although didn't we see that in ROJ?)

Didn't like the squashed face storm trooper clones though.

Didn't the factory bit remind you of the set piece at the end of Monsters Inc ( the bit with all the doors flying around)?

plastikman.

ukdane

Episode II Easter Eggs;
1) Vaders Shadow
2) Pod Racers Computer Game
3) Millenium Falcon (style cruisers)
4) Qui-Gon's Voice
others?...
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

Not so much an Easter Egg, but people are asking if it was Padme's body guard they saw in the Clone rooms- yes it was. Does this mean he is a traitor, or another pre-clone Mandalorian Warrior like Jango Fett?
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

2 more Eggs:

1) Anthony Daniels makes a cameo in the night club.
2) As does Ahmed Best
Cheers

-Daney