Main Menu

Killer was good this week.

Started by death monkey 23, 19 November, 2001, 01:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

death monkey 23

Yep.  So far I've only liked part 1 and this week's.  Obviously it's a pretty shallow story to begin with, but I felt that part 1 had a nice hard edge to it, whereas those afterwards have been boring and crap, and riddled with dialogue such as,
"Come on, use your HEAD"
and
"When I was a kid, I used to think about this sort of thing under the stars..."
That was rubbish.  This week's was good because it was like a little fix of the good bits of Unreal Tournament.
You could argue that if you want a fix of Unreal Tournament, you should play Unreal Tournament.

However, my PC is too shit to run Unreal Tournament, so that last point of mine wasn't very good.
Oh well.

Thread Zero

Killer is ok I guess.

I find the story a little too clich?d for 2k. The gladiator escape to freedom storyline is a bit old hat I think.

Steve Moore's writing seems aimed at a slightly younger audience.
It's just the impression I get when I compare it to the other stories in 2k.

Scojo

2000AD Online

I`m on the cliched side here.  Killer is soo predictable I could read it in my sleep.  In fact, that`s the best way to read it.  Its` only redeeming feature is the art work and the female character`s knockers (so I guess that`s two redeeming features, but they don`t redeem it much)
yours cynically,

Floyd

Dominic O'Rourke

a small bit at least, I think it kept my intrest all the way through this week, unlike previous issues, also the art seems to have cleared up a little too, theres something about B&W art on the glossy white paper that detracts from the art as a whole.
Member No. 10

nathan

"theres something about B&W art on the glossy white paper that detracts from the art as a whole."

I don't think it's the quality of the paper, just the quality of the art. The BW sindex story in the same prog is lovely. The glossy paper gives crisp, high-contrast blacks which the artist has really exploited.

The problems with Killer's art wouldn't be solved by different paper. The penciller's drawing is lacking in character and the inker fails to give any depth to it, so the result is an off-putting muddle. In that way I suppose the artwork perfectly matches the script ;-)

N

Mk13

Surely that's three redeeming features?

Dominic O'Rourke

Yeah, I really enjoyed this SinDex story, and it does have to do with how the artist uses the contrast, but I wonder if Killer had been done on a 'cheaper' paper would I have been so quick to notice?
Member No. 10